what proves jw's aren't true?

by jwfacts 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am inactive and it took years of doubt to convince myself the jw's arent true. I started doubting because i hated the idea that Jehovah would kill 6 billion non-jw's. The thing now that is the most important proof for me is that until 1954 jw's worshipped Jesus and it is still in the Watchtower charter, even though you now get disfellowshipped for worshipping Jesus. Talking to some ex-jw's I am finding everyone seems to think totally different things really got them starting to break away. I was wondering what is the most convincing proof to you guys that the jw's are false.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Researching the 1975 debacle was the start for me.

Josie

• upside/down
    upside/down

The doctrines are all meaningless...even if they seem to have a couple right.

THEY HAVE NO LOVE!

This is the single most damning piece of evidence against them....

Funny how it comes from them... not apostates or some persecutors.

"By thier fruits you will recognize them..." - JC

u/d (of the they're just clashing cymbols class)

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the most glaring doctrinal problem i have with the jw's now is the fact that they put themselves in Jesus place.. They teach that Jesus is not mediator for us all.but that he is only mediator for the faithful and discreet slave and the FDS is mediator between men and Jesus..

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

For me the one thing that stood out above all other things was the lack of desire to go to heaven - to me that was so strange. I could handle no blood, own bible version, no gifts of the spirit etc.. but talking to JWs and actually hearing that they didn't want to go 'home' , didn't want to live with Jesus (with the 144000 I guess) and only wanted to stay on earth with other JWs forever and ever. That just crumpled me as I hope for so much more... I just couldn't understand why all this effort was required merely to move no further from here and what a tremendous cost to be paid (most people die) - its the ultimate in religious evolution 'Survival of the Witnessest'

I used to ask whether they thought they'd be allowed space travel in paradise earth.. never got an answer (unfair question really.)

• trevor
    trevor

'Scientists claim they have found the oldest evidence of human creativity: a 350,000-year-old pink stone axe. '

How do the JWs get off on 6,000 years?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

607 bce being the date of Jerusalem's fall.

2520 days having anything to do with anything

1914 growing from 607

*** That in 1918 they were "chosen" and didn't know it for over 10 years (1929) and in the meantime continued to teach that Jesus took over heaven in 1874 and that "without doubt" 1925 would see the restoration and the ressurection on earth.

The Walsh Trial transcript is pretty shocking too - look that up.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Qcmbr- Isn't it funny how different cultures and religious backgrounds can create such differences in humans? I was raised Roman Catholic... very involved... then became a Dub...ultra involved...

I found the "pair o dice" concept very comforting... and actually preferred it to a "heaven" gig. But I also was of the belief that NOWHERE does it say men would never get to go to heaven...I've actually discussed this with several "pillars" in the bOrg that are actually good people (non-company) and they said the same kinda things.

Humanity never got out of the gate...as it were. We have no idea what "God" had in store. It is highly improbable that He made this universe just to look at at night. Our intellect far exceeds our abilities and lifespan. So Dub logic allows for "something more"... and there are no limits. And Dubs that might disagree with that are just giving their opinion and it's not Scripturally or Organizationally supported.

I was disappointed when at first the R&F Dubs tried to convince me I would never actually get to meet "God" or Jesus... I learned later that is just nonsense the R&F continue to spew to make you feel inferior... like them. They are like the Marines... they strip you of all previous belief systems (dumb you down) then re"program" you as they see fit. It works.

Never Again,

u/d (of the in "the end" we'll all find out the "truth" anyway class)

• skyman
    skyman

UN deal. After calling the information desk and being told why and sent a letter form the information desk. I looked into the reasons given to me and I contacted the DPI of the UN. I found out the reasons given to me was not true. They stated that they joined because in 1991 it became necessary in order to continue to have access to the UN library. Not true, nothing had changed in 1991 everything was the same as it had been since 1946 and there are over 407 library's world wide all of which you or I could use. So that was B.S. Next they said that by joining the NGO's they did not incorporate into the UN. This is true but no government or Non government that joins the UN incorporated into it. Incorporate means to become owners with No Government or NGO's do that by joining they become member of not owners with. Next lie is they agreed to nothing that conflicts with Christian beliefs more lie's.To join they had to agree with the charter of the UN and that means they had do agree that the Un is the only means to bring peace to the World and agree to bare arms if called to do so.

Armed with the information I called again with the facts. I was told to look up the information about Theocratic Warfare!!!!!!!!!!! So you or I did not have the right to be told the truth if they feel we don;t has the right to know. They used Theocratic Warfare on me a brother raise from a baby a Theocratic Warfare lie. That was it for me no longer could I be sure that what they say is really the truth or Theocratic Warfare lie's. I don't need to be lied to and neither do you. How could anyone after finding this out stay and listen to a Organization that feels it has the right to out right lie to its members?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks for the answers. I am amazed at how many different reasons there are. I cant believe how quickly i went from thinking the watchtower is the 'voice of God' and every doctrine is correct, to realising that very little has any substance at all. The more i look at doctrine the more i understand that the reason the witnesses are different to others is because they are wrong, and not because they are special in a world blinded by Satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit