what proves jw's aren't true?

by jwfacts 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    when someone says that .. it's obvious they don't have the right heart condition.."

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Spot the loaded language and 'brain off' switch.

A statement riddled with fear methinks, squire.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

LOL .. I know he used to be big on how Jehovah reads hearts... evidenty he had the same skill

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

First, from a Biblical perspective, what´s true in jw-doctrine? I can only find two things: 1. "Hell" is not literal. 2. The Christ and God(as Jahwe) are two separete beeings. The rest of Watchtower teachings is false: Jesus as mediator for only 144,000 is completely false. A literal resurection is false according to both Jesus and Paul´s statements. Paradise Earth lasting forever is completely false according to both Jesus and John the revelator. The "overlapping generation" is an insult of human intellekt. The "faithfull and descrite slave" is a parable, not prophesy. "Armageddon" is a spiritual war, not literal. The "other sheep" are simply non-jewish Christians, not jw´s with an earthly hope. "I´m the way, the truth and the life" Jesus said, not an earthly organisation. "The Kingdom of God" is not in it´s foremost a government, it´s a fully spiritual world. Everyone that have faith in Jesus Christ are Gods children, and will inherit Christs "belongings". These were some of the things that´s, for me anyway, make´s the Watchtower society look like a false prophet and a spiritual decivier of great magnitude!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I know a lot of JW's, most I would think, were like that. I had a couple of Bible Studies over the years like that, Bible only, they took a lot more preperation, but I made a good fist of it, I always tried eventually to get them to "study" using a WT book, as we were taught.

None of these "Bible only" guys ever joined the JW's. Say no more.

It is of course, impossible to prove the WT teaching true by properly using the Bible.

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
  • ?evrything
    ?evrything

After learning about Judge Rutherford and know the FDS im for sure convinced its a hot pile of crap.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I lot of things summed it up for me. I was not a witness but was seriously considering becoming one as I was beginning to think after 6 years of off and on study that they may be on to something. Among the things that changed my mind were:

• Misrepresentation of the Trinity doctrine. Sadly, most trinitarians don't really understand it either (such as I until I began researching it more closely) and are therefore easily misled by the witnesses interpretation of it.
    • The whole idea that the 144,000 mediate for the great crowd while Jesus mediates for the 144,000. This is in direct contradiction to what the Bible says.
    • The fact that witnesses teach that our death provides payment for ours sins by misquoting the Bible passage that speaks of our dying to our sins by being made alive in Christ (not our literal dying).
    • A few other Bible contradictions to their doctrines that I discovered but do not have time to go into detail now.

Then, of course, there is their double sided stance on blood, their numerous false dates, and their many doctrinal changes and flip flops. Even if I wanted to consider them another denomination of Christianity, their stance on blood, holidays, birthdays, and practically everything that seems normal to me would prohibit me from ever being a good witness. Sadly, as long as I am not one of them, they would never recognize my relationship with God. Oh well, who needs them.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

jwfacts you answerd the question.... drum roll.....the answer ........JWfACTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit