A newbie's impression on this board, pros and cons

by smelly onions 293 Replies latest jw experiences

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey smelly. You're just saying that cuz you're not a real apostate. Are you one of those double lifer guys? Just kidding. Blanket statements are tricky to use.

S

• chok
    chok

LMAO at happydad....

AMEN Mrsjones5

cya smellyonions

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Do you know who's responsible for your mess ups in life? Yourselves, so take responsibility for your own tormented lives or the precious time you are all crying about that u lost bc of the watchtower. Personal responsibility is key. Whatever happened is your fault and you use a cop out that the organization made you do something is baloney. We are all looking for excuses why we didn't do something.

How the hell do I take responsibility for being born into a cult? I think if anyone's to blame for that one, it's god.

• kls
    kls
    I will not belittle or undermine their pain, and neither should you.

Nellie Perfectly said.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hi onion,

the use of a spell checker may come in handy for you in the future, on occasions that you wish to make an impression with what you are trying to say.

could you please define for us, the following. i don't understand, as this is an english board:

u r, r u, u, bc, SAyonara
    He was killed and end of story. DEAD!

this assumes that he even existed, of course. you should try reading some other books apart from the bible.

My parents are jw's and they are real nice people.

good for them.

I am happy about the moral things I learned while a witness.

that's too bad. i learned all my morals after leaving. i hope you don't consider moral the same things jehovah considers moral, as you would be in bad company: torture, genocide, child abuse, general abuse, lying...

I am also happy i don't celebrate x-mas.

yes, everyone deserves happiness.

Disfellowshipping is a great thing at least IMO.

at the very least: your opinion.

At the end of the day we're all going to the same place. THE PIT!

is "THE PIT" a bar you frequent after work? i usually just go home. but thanks for the invite.

SAyonara
    there is no state with the abbreviation SA. south dakota is close, on the keyboard. but i could find no town called Yonara. what are you trying to say?
  • smelly onions
    smelly onions
    Oh I am so glad you stopped by to point out that I was responsible when I was molested repeatedly by my drunken, wife-abusing, child beating ministerial servant stepfather from age 7 on. Oh and before you say that wasn't the WT's fault, the elder's were totally aware of the alcoholism and family abuse and let him remain in good standing. Oh and now that my mother and I aren't speaking because I am no longer a JW ... well, I'm sure that isn't the WT's fault either .... those pesky rules and all.

Sorry to hear that. That sure is horrible though. But that crazed individual would have committed those atrocities anywhere. of course the elders looking the other way is inexcusable. but when ur talking about an organization with millions of members unfortunately these horrible things will happen. truly i am very sad for ur plight and thanx for sharing that with me though. whatever happened to that guy?

About ur mother well that's tough too. In that case someone has got to give in. If ur mother isn't then rejoin the jw's so u can talk to ur mom. If ur the bigger and better bc of it i don't see how u can let a religion get in between the both of you. hey i'm not saying the jw religion is fantastic but it isn't the satanic cult many here want it out to be. sure they got weird things but it isn't all bad. that child molesting and their cover up is going to nip em. but i read elsewhere with the meza case that the jw's did turn him in. either they'll have to do this or its going to get real serious for them real soon.

• kls
    kls

Smelly , if you feel the jws are so wonderful ,why are you out , i mean look at all the wonderful things they have done for you.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

wow like talking to a wall

someone get a hammer

Josie

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That 'they arent so bad' additude will pass as soon as you cultivate the quality of empathy.

GBL

• bisous
    bisous
    whatever happened to that guy?

He is still an active member in good standing.

If ur mother isn't then rejoin the jw's so u can talk to ur mom. If ur the bigger and better bc of it i don't see how u can let a religion get in between the both of you.

Couldn't possibly return to a religion that tolerates situations like mine. It isn't isolated. And frankly, I don't care to have a relationship with a mother that would defend the JW handling of the abuse of her daughter.

I appreciate your responding further to my post. I hope that you consider my situation and the possibility for many others living with impacts similar to mine. Making blanket statements such as the one you presented in your "Con's" overview can be very hurtful. If you truly are interested in giving balanced feedback regarding this site and its members, you should try and be aware of the depth and scope of experiences here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit