A newbie's impression on this board, pros and cons

by smelly onions 293 Replies latest jw experiences

• FairMind
    FairMind

Smelly, you made some valid observatons about some of the posters on this board but you WERE dogmatic. Sometimes there are legitimate reasons to be bitter and resentful. Of course some of the posters HERE are dogmatic in their criticism of the WT. The KEY IMO is balance and understanding. Think about it Smelly, we all have a right to feel like we want to feel even if someone else disagrees with how we feel.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I do agree that a lot of people are bitter here, but I think they have all rights to be bitter.

Some have had terrible experiences. Why do you not look for the facts first please!

For me the WTS has good sites but also dangerous sites. So, to here something else on this board can be a real eye-opener for many JW's. The problem is the WTS is not fair with the information they give and people are not allowed to think freely.

Danny

• smelly onions
    smelly onions

Hey, I'm sorry if i belittled anyone's pain. that wasn't my intention. i can understand deep scars as a result of the alienation and feelings of loss that comes with rejection. so pls. excuse me. there are those that are justified as such but others here are sour grapes which is quite obvious.

as for the child molestattion issues and the wt negligence on that is sure a grave thing. they screwed up big time there. i am no longer an active jw because of i just drifted away like a smelly onion out at sea. when i woke up one day i wasn't a jw anywhere. they never bothered me though which was quite nice. i wont say i will never go back, who knows? never say never.

i left behind many wonderful friends there. and yes if i were ever to get married i would like to marry a nice jw girl. i had a real nice gf there once. well like 3 but always scared of marriage so thats what held me back. i would break off the engagement for silly reasons. one was so nice that when i got really sick and was in the hospital for 1 month she came and visited me even though i wasn't active anymore. so i didnt have the trauma others have had. but that post is true i am deeply sorry for belittling others pain. my deepest apologies.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Smelly , if you feel the jws are so wonderful ,why are you out , i mean look at all the wonderful things they have done for you.

Yeah, what Kls said..........Why are you out, if they are so wonderful and great? Are you trying to save us? Anyway, I do believe some of us are bitter. We have every right to be. We come on here, and share our stories. We laugh, and cry with each other. We have a common bond, and we seek out that, and need to talk, and vent. Talking to someone who has no idea how is feels is very frustrating, because in the end, they still don't get it. Wouldn't you be a little bitter if you had some of our life experiences? Wouldn't you feel a little angry? Some of us are not angry, and bitter. Some of us are happy of our new found life, and want to share our happy journey. So bash us, and tell us that we are bitter, because in all honesty I don't care. We hear it everyday, you are just another voice that will go over my head. You will be forgotten, because you have nothing to offer that means something. It would be best if you left as you came ...nothing to share, offer, or give. I have always said everyone is worth knowing, and you are, and now you can go! Brooke

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Smelly onions is a typical JW brainwashed thinker.He has all the answers,he knows what each of us need.I really took to heart his idiodic statements.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    i left behind many wonderful friends there. and yes if i were ever to get married i would like to marry a nice jw girl. i had a real nice gf there once. well like 3 but always scared of marriage so thats what held me back. i would break off the engagement for silly reasons. one was so nice that when i got really sick and was in the hospital for 1 month she came and visited me even though i wasn't active anymore. so i didnt have the trauma others have had. but that post is true i am deeply sorry for belittling others pain. my deepest apologies.

Oh my goodness! the tin man does have a heart!

I venture to say there is hope for you smelly.

Josie

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

What gets me is why is he out?

Funny, how he doesn't answer that.

Brooke

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    well like 3 but always scared of marriage so thats what held me back. i would break off the engagement for silly reasons. one was so nice that when i got really sick and was in the hospital for 1 month she came and visited me even though i wasn't active anymore.

The WTS has placed a phobia of the opposite sex in many people, me included. It took me a while to get over it. Hell, when you learn that it's wrong to have sexual desires for someone that you're not married to, that's going to PREVENT you from finding someone.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

You'd break it off for "silly" reasons? Are you gay?
    But here's a tip. You've been a member for what 6 hours? Stick around here for a month posting and reading other's stories. Then give us your viewpoint. I'll refrain from judging you by your earlier comments today. Sound fair?
    But I encourage you to look around and dig into the many issues that people have with the Dub's and their dogma. Rather interesting. Welcome.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    and yes if i were ever to get married i would like to marry a nice jw girl

there are some nice ones in there, but they usually end up becoming nice apostates, which is really, really... nice.

just make sure she doesn't mind doing human-type-stuff. and that she doesn't buy the doctrine. and that she loves you more than she loves her daddy in the sky. and that she is not into guilt and fear as a way of loving you.

best luck!

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit