Are you an atheist?

by hibiscusfire 270 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    What better way than saturate a crowd with good gospel literature.

It may work sometimes, some places, but some on this site have been through much pain. I first came to this site to get help. I desperately needed to recue my loved ones from the JW cult, and still do. I went about it by saturating my friends. It backfired, they are further than ever from Christ, and being baptised as JWs. I love all the folks on this site, unconditionally, not just because all have helped me, whatever their beliefs or lack thereof. Someone on this site quoted a scripture I hadnt noticed before, Jesus words, something like be as cautious as a serpent and as peaceful as a dove. Hope I am not quoting out of context.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I think we have found a new successor to Brownboy! Hoorah!

GBL

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Jaffacake when I came into this site I really thought this was a JW message board. Then I was told they are EX JW now I learn the majority sadly has now been converted to atheists or some thing else.

I came to do God's work. At least try.I may not be able to say the things that they want to hear. But I am sticking with Jesus. He is my Judge and I really want to be in heaven with Him one day.

I know I may not have a right approach but I am not abusing anyone.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

GBL is that a picture of you? And who is Brownboy?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

For in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive (1 Crinthians 15:22)

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Is there a God? Step outside some evening and gaze into the star-filled sky.

Consider the billions of stars, millions of miles away.

Consider the other planets, other galaxies.

The Bible reminds us:

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork." Psalm 19:1
  • hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Sir Isaac Newton said,

"This most elegant system of suns and planets can only arise from the purpose of an intelligent and mighty Being."

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

AMEN HIBBY!

THE HEAVENS HAVE OPENED UP BEFORE ME. RADIANT IN THE GLORY OF THE CHRIST! AND MICHAEL AND ALL HIS ARC ANGELS ARE RIDING DOWN TO CARRY YOU AND I TO THE PROMISED LAND OF SALVATION! I CAN SEE!

PRAISE! HIBISCUSFIRE! PRAISE!

my boss has sent me home for the day...SO MANY HEATHENS TO SAVE!...

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Is there a Devil?

Just as surely as there is a God, there is also a devil. Ezekiel 28 tells us much about this evil character.

He was created by God and lived in heaven.

God set him up as an anointed cherub.

He was perfect in beauty, which led him to become proud.

He rebelled against God, and was evicted from heaven.

Originally called Lucifer, he was banished to earth, where he became known as Satan

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I came to do God's work. At least try.I may not be able to say the things that they want to hear.

Other gods seem to have smarter workers. No offense, hibiscus, but you really don't seem to be intelligent enough to grasp the simplest arguments. Now I know in certain fundamentalist circles that's supposed to be something to be proud of, but out here in the real world, you're not going to get very far if you don't know how to think.

I for one genuinely do not believe in your sky-god and his carpenter son. If you want to convince me of his existence, you're going to have to do a lot better than you've been doing. It seems clear that you're not up to the task, which is probably why you believe in unicorns.

It's not that you're saying things people don't want to hear. You're saying things that make you look like a thoughtless idiot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit