Do you ever feel invisible?

by Sassy 121 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    I can't tell you how many threads I might comment in some days when I see people comment to everyone around me get comments.. and I wonder.. "hello?? did any one read what I wrote???

ditto for me ...

Love and light

ESTEE

• JW83
    JW83

you are far from the most unpopular here

That's nice!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Don't worry, popularity is illusory - here today, gone tomorrow.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I'll show you my Invisible if you'll show me yours.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Sassy~

I so much appreciated your acknowledgements of all the participants on this thread (incl me). It takes someone special, with a great heart and a sharp mind to see what is special in others and bring it out in them.

I think you are a truly lovely person and I have often enjoyed your presence here. I especially thank you for this reminder to let more people know more often just how much I appreciate them and not take their presence for granted.

~Merry

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

JW83~

You are by no means invisible (I say confidently while apprehensively hoping I am looking in approximately the right direction)

...and for those occasions when all of us feel a bit overlooked, please remember: just because we haven't been acknowledged doesn't mean we haven't inspired people or been a breath of fresh air in their lives...

~Merry (of the still-learning-to-appreciate-myself class)

• JW83
    JW83

Thanks Merry

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Sassy, darlin...

I know I haven't been around here much lately, so I'm a little out of touch with day-to-day stuff that's been taking place. But I want you to know that you're not invisible, chica. I'm bad about keeping in touch these days (on purpose- I'll be back on this site more when I'm able to be better company to my homies here) but I do think of you often, and you're in my thoughts and prayers daily. It's going to get better, I promise you.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

When Hubby was alive and we would go shopping..out to eat or whatever..We would often be overlooked or ignored by the saleperson..waitress..etc.

We used to get upset and complain of how we were being overlooked and we were here first or when are you going to wait on me..and a rude remark usually..

Then we developed this game..it was called..."We Invisible!"

So when we were out..and being neglected..we would look at each other ..laugh ..and say to each other.."We Invisible!"..It always put us in a good mood!

When we were JW's we weren't allowed to have feelings..never admit it if we needed attention or help..

Now as we slowly come out of out shell..we are finding out..it's OK to say..I'm lonesome..I'm depressed...I need help.

And not feel embarrased for it!

Good for you!

Don't you feel better?

Snoozy....who doesn't know you but sends a big hug anyway!

ps..And I for one don't answer a lot of posts..but do so enjoy reading them..no one goes unnoticed!..And remember..it takes posts for others to notice you..they don't know you are there if you don't post sometime..

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thanks stilla, I love you too..

ozziepost, nope, I guess you are right, can't be invisble then..

ESTEE, I have missed you!! How are you?? Are you still dancing???

Thanks JW83. Did you mean a happy smiley?

Tigerman, my invisble marker is well hidden. How did you know I had one??

I so much appreciated your acknowledgements of all the participants on this thread (incl me). It takes someone special, with a great heart and a sharp mind to see what is special in others and bring it out in them.

I think you are a truly lovely person and I have often enjoyed your presence here. I especially thank you for this reminder to let more people know more often just how much I appreciate them and not take their presence for granted.

Thank you thank you thanks you Merry

Insom, I know you have a lot going on yourself.. I miss you..

Golden Girl, thank you for sharing with me the story about the We invisible game. Sounds like a special memory with your husband.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit