Do you ever feel invisible?

by Sassy 121 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i know what you guys are talking about. i feel invisible sometimes too. i don't think it's intentional, as most everyone on this board are victims of a cult. and it's human nature to group together to the exclusion of others at times. but you should know that you are not invisible. i have always noticed your guy's posts. and there are bound to be others too.

i've always been a sort of asocial anthropologist personality type (likes to study others from the sidelines). i wish i had a group or clique sometimes too, but other times i am happy for my freedom!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Hi Sassy

Hi Brooke

Hi GBL

Hi Undercover

Oh, sorry Richie, didn't notice you there

Yes, for years I have felt invisible and yet, in those rare moments when I felt noticed I have tended to suddenly wish I could be invisible again as it was so uncomfortably unfamiliar (although often longed for) for me...I sometimes seek attention and then try to duck and hide, wondering "what was I thinking?" lol

~Merry

oopsedited to acknowledge doogie (please don't take the oversight personally!!!) and tetrapod w/whom i cross-posted...

• Sassy
    Sassy

do you think that comes from our upbringing in the congregation?

I know my family didn't always get included in on congregation activities because my dad wasn't a witness..

once I got divorced, I wasn't included in a lot either, because I didn't have a husband..

Merry, you did that so wonderfully... recognizing everyone..

• talesin
    talesin

Sass, you know what I really enjoy? Answering a query, only to have it ignored. Then, someone else gives exactly the same answer, and gets a big thank you. LOL ! That's when I think, a-yup! Invisible wo-man Sam I am. ...

• Sassy
    Sassy

LOL.. indeed I do talesin!!

• doogie
    doogie
    oopsedited to acknowledge doogie (please don't take the oversight personally!!!)

haha. i was reading and thinking, "jeez...well, i guess i asked for it."

me and tetrapod will just be over here in the corner...watching you all...

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm sorry.. I just had a emotional response that sprung this thread... and I don't know what.. I don't usually pms..

it came from the depression thread.. I made a comment about wanting to slit my wrists a month ago.. and I didn't mean just wanting to.. I literally was seriously contemplating the action.. this is a big thing to me, because I haven't felt suicidal since I left the dubs.. and while I didn't comment in there to get attention persay.. it was Sironas thread and she is the one that should have gotten the most attention... but I kept seeing all these comments to whyamihere.. and whyamihere.. i am glad you got them! I really really really am...

but.. oh I dont know... you see the funny thing is when I really attempt suicide in 2000, it was horrible the reaction I got from people I thought loved me (who have now of course walked out of my life since I left the dubs)..

and sometimes you do wonder.. if you did.. would anyone notice..

I haven't even told my bf what I was contemplating yet.. it passed.. and I won't go there

• blondie
    blondie
    Sass, you know what I really enjoy? Answering a query, only to have it ignored. Then, someone else gives exactly the same answer, and gets a big thank you. LOL ! That's when I think, a-yup! Invisible wo-man Sam I am. ...

Oooh, I've had that happen. I was the invisible woman when I first started posting on JWD. Isn't it sad that sometimes you have to be a pain in the butt to be noticed like some of the trolls here? Well, I hope I haven't ignored you, Sassy. Blondie

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

doogie, he he he, yes, and compiling data on the social behavour of online african apes... lol

but seriously now. i think another thing that is worth noting, is that people also respond to other people's avatars. i am not criticising. just saying that it is human nature to think that the person you are conversing with is represented by the image. and groups of people respond better to certain types of images, and hence a group or clique is born. it's like judging a book by it's cover. but that's okay, we just have to learn to live with it, and not to take it too personally.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Do you ever feel invisible?

Who said that ???

Oh! Hi there Sassy - just kidding He He.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit