relationship with jw's

by clay 91 Replies latest social relationships

• iamforeverfree
    iamforeverfree

SOME OF THE BEST SEX I EVER HAD WAS WITH A JEHOVAH'S WITTNESS AND I WASN'T MARRIED TO HER.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome aboard, youknowyouthink

of course she is a wonderful lady... Jehovah instructs his followers to be close to perfect (not perfect humans are not capable of being).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Does Jehovah instruct his followers to be physically, emotionally, and sexually abusive to children? Yeah, that's perfection at it's best.

She must really stand out but because of her believes.... otherwise she would be like any other girl in the streets....

Care to explain what the typical worldly girl out in the streets is like? This is stereotypical bullshit that you've been taught from the platform at the Kingdom Hall. Everybody's a whore and a slut except for JWs, right? You sound like my mother.

Sorry for Hijacking this thread.

• clay
    clay

nos i definetly agree with you on this one. hi you think you know. her religon is definetly standing out. and the reason is because it's totally wack. and im gonna try to get her out of it if thats possible.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Clay,

I haven't read every post on this, but I'm a bit curious as to why she only attends the Sunday meeting and does not go door-2-door. The Mom and her don't sound like gung-ho "be at every meeting" JWs.

But when a "worldly" person invades their space, the armor goes on and things get guarded, and the red flags shoot up, even if only internally. Sometimes JWs will defend their wacky religion (even if they cannot successfully do so) just because they feel that they must!

If you do end up with a more serious relationship, then you have some heavy thinking to do. You cannot invite her to any Christmas or birthday parties, you can't watch any movies or TV that deals with any holidays, 4th of July, supernatural or horror (even Bewitched was taboo), if you enjoy spectator sports she will not stand up when the National Anthem is played, or can you plan anything on meeting or assembly days.

This is just for starters. Other posters have mention a few of the bridges that you will have to cross, and they are not exaggerating. When JWs say they are no part of the world---they really mean it! They may live in this world, but they shun everything that is normal and replace it with and obey Watchtower doctrine----unbiblical and unchristian doctrine at that.

YOU will be the one who "has to change" in order to please the Society (and Mama) and I see that you're not ready for that. You have two chances of getting her out----fat and slim!

I wish you the best.

hugs,

Annie

• clay
    clay

her mom works everyday at a local post office from 7:00am-5:30pm, and she works at a local hospital with a flip flop schedule.one week she works 7am-1pm and next week she work 1pm-7pm.and your right they do not seem gung ho be all you can be jw's.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Welcome aboard "youthink"

Cute name. A little ironic perhaps

I for one don't know it all.

Sounds like you are a dub. I hope you stick around, though I am not confident. This is an open forum where all thoughts, ideas, and topics may be discussed. This is a free and open exchange in the arena of ideas.

All thoughts and ideas have to stand on their own. There is no easy, automatic disregard of any ideas here because someone else has conveniently identified them as "apostate".

It is tough to have your most cherished beliefs challenged.

Most of us are ok with that though. We think the truth doesn't need the cowardly refuge of human claims of authority. The truth stands on its own just fine. It doesn't fear examination or questioning.

So I hope you are ok with that? I hope your faith can withstand it?

Is your faith in "the truth" that strong? Can it withstand examination?

• clay
    clay

good point check,very good. much kudos.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Clay, it sounds like you have made up your mind regarding what you are going to do, so I won't try and dissuade you. Just tread carefully ok?

I'd like to tell you there are other fish in the sea, etc, etc, but it's your heart and emotions involved and I know nothing of your circumstances so go for it. I've broken all my own rules on dating and have been burned and rewarded by them so who am I to tell you what to do. People on here are telling you that you are open for some long term heartache if you proceed, but you know that.... so let us know how it works out ok?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Hi, I understand the situation that you are in. But unlike what everyone have said.... yes turn the other way....or look closely at what you have in front of you. You say this is a wonderful girl.... and if she abides by her religion... of course she is a wonderful lady... Jehovah instructs his followers to be close to perfect (not perfect humans are not capable of being). She must really stand out but because of her believes.... otherwise she would be like any other girl in the streets.... Consider studying the bible or attending the meetings... you will realize why her love to God is stronger to yours,.... and perhaps you will share this love.... don't make things complicated... Its her believes that make her act the way she does.... thats why you love her.... yet she is following Jesus's example and there you see what you really love.....

That's a pretty derogatory statement. Your comment, is a prefect example of how dubs think they are the only good clean people that deserve any kind of of respect.

Youthinkyouknowitall please get your head out of your arse.

DL76

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Consider studying the bible or attending the meetings... you will realize why her love to God is stronger to yours

Where did you read this? Where did Clay say that this girl's love for her God is stronger than his? You sure take a lot for granted don't you?

The only reason that you, a JW, wants Clay to stick his foot in the KH, is so he can be love-bombed and offered that "free home bible study" routine.

The Watchtowergod has a LOT more rules and regulations (subject to change at any time) than the real God of the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit