relationship with jw's

by clay 91 Replies latest social relationships

• clay
    clay

HI, i'm new here. i stumbled upon this site while looking for help. my prob is there's this girl i really really like alot. she's beautiful,smart, has a great personality and i love being around her. she is also a JW. she's been one since she was a child her mother is a jw also. her dad is not he's a alchoholic. but he is a good guy he likes me alot so does her mom. we have talked quite a few times and she said she likes me alot but won't let it go any further.we are both 20yrs old.she and i have abstained from drugs,cigarettes, alchohol,dating, and premarital sex.i am a christian. she has not said anything about belief conficts. but i know shes not supposed to date none jw's. and she knows that there will likely be conseqences for the choice's she makes. so im thinking thats the reason were not moving forward. i don't know. i really feel like she's the one. and i don't want to give her up. she's a great person and i don't have anything against Jw's but i don't agree with some of there beliefs. but any thoughts will br appreciated. destructive or constructive.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Run the other way as fast as you can. Forget you met her.

I am married to a Jehovahs Witness. It's not fun and it brings more trouble than a very good and strong relationship can take.

Take your eyes off that prize and look elsewhere.

Have a nice day!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run runrurnrunrurnurnrurnrunrunrunrunrunrurnurnun

...look back to see if they're gaining on you...and then...

run run run run run run run run runrunrunrunrunrun

Sorry to make light of this, but I think almost everyone here will tell you to get out and go forward with your life. It may hurt like hell...but not nearly as much as it will later if you continue...

Man I hate seeing these.

WLG

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The JW's are a destructive mind controlling cult. If you pursue this you will probably bring nothing but problems for yourself and the girl. Tie a clove of garlic around your neck, get a priest to exorcize any area you may have taken this girl, buy an attack dog, and move to Iceland.

GBL

• carla
    carla

I can only repeat what everyone else is saying, RUN as fast as you can!!! There are many fish in the sea, and you are quite young. My husband has in the recent past gotten involved with the jw's. It destroys relationships, families and marriages. Find a girl you can share your beliefs with. Life with her would be very difficult. I know, because I am living it. carla

• clay
    clay

i don't think she is heavily involved in the jw cult. she doesn'nt do door to door. and she only goes to the kingdom hall on sundays with her mom.i pray for her everyday and ask the lord to prove to her he is real and show her the faults in her religon.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

When you fall for someone you become enmeshed with them and end up not thinking clearly, because you forget who you are. I wouldn't necessarily emphasize the fact that this girl is a JW, but there will always be people whose life course is not compatible with yours - being JW is just one example. In the long run you basically just need to watch yourself and be aware of how the other person is, even if there isn't a clear line drawn like the JWs do. The bible says 'the heart is treacherous and desperate - who can know it?' Keep that in mind and you can save yourself a lot of heartache.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

She may not be heavily involved with them now...but if you got married and had children I can almost 100% guarantee that she would probably go back to what she was raised as.

I think we as humans crave what we know and are familiar with.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

You cannot have a meaningful realtionship with an active JW.

You have two choices;

• run
    • get us to help you try and get her to leave; we know loads, and I;m sure many would be happy to educate you about certain issues that would make her either re-examine her involvement or make her run away from you.

... if she is dating you, then she knows she is already contravening JW guidance. That's a good sign. If she were a good little JW she wouldnlt give you the time of day. So maybe there is hope. Just don't expect it to be easy - or succesful.

All the best

• clay
    clay

were not dating , just talking. but i would love to get her to leave her society. my dad is a evangelist and he is backing me 100% on trying to get her to leave. i know the road will be rough but i want to atleast try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit