relationship with jw's

by clay 91 Replies latest social relationships

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    i really feel like she's the one.

No you don't, you're infatuated. You haven't even had sex with her yet. You may be incompatible sexually. However, if you keep going down this path with her, you probably won't find out if she is sexually compatible until it's too late.

she's a great person and i don't have anything against Jw's but i don't agree with some of there beliefs.

This alone says that she ISN'T "The One". If you want someone who is compatible with you, you shouldn't have any huge beefs with parts of their personality. However, JWs have their entire religion as their personality. If you don't agree with her beliefs, how are you going to get along with her when these beliefs are part of her personality?

Also, you cannot change another person. They have to change themselves.

There's thousands of women out there, and I guarantee there is someone out there much more compatible for you. Her "beliefs" are going to cause a lot of conflict between the two of you. Obviously, you're having conflict now or else you wouldn't be here.

• clay
    clay

that is why i need to show her the religion she believes in is garbage. we're not having conflict right now i want to be prepared for when we do.

sex is'nt the only thing i look forward to in life.that is for after you are married.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    that is why i need to show her the religion she believes in is garbage.

Even if you do this, there's no guarantee you're going to have any effect on her. You can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink.

we're not having conflict right now i want to be prepared for when we do.

Then what do you mean by this:

and she knows that there will likely be conseqences for the choice's she makes. so im thinking thats the reason were not moving forward.

You're not moving forward because of belief conflicts.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

that is why i need to show her the religion she believes in is garbage. we're not having conflict right now i want to be prepared for when we do.

But don't you see, it applies equally to both you and the JWs - even if it is well intentioned. And actually you cannot show her it's garbage, you can only point certain things out and she has to come to that conclusion by being willing to look at the information herself.

See, even if she believes you she may change her mind later by listening to her JW relatives or something. Don't think it's about you convincing her, because if she isn't convinced for herself then there is no guarantee.

• clay
    clay

I feel like a mack truck just ran over me. twice. what do you guys suggest?besides running away. come on ya'll are'nt out of answers are you.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Date other women while you're "trying" to date her.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Just find a more normal girlfriend, man. I think you will probably try to pursue this girl anyways, but don't say we didn't warn ya.

GBL

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

As a Woman....I am asking you this.

How do you feel about a group of Old Men in Brooklyn telling you what you can and can't do in the bedroom?

Because they do put restrictions on even sexual issues.

If you love this girl...you say she may be the one. So to me that means possible marriage.

How do you feel about there always being 3 people in your marriage? You, Her, and the Watchtower.

Not to mention if you marry her and have children, the watchtower will also put restrictions on the medical treatment of your children and yourself, and her...not to mention you may be sitting next a child molester at the Kingdom Hall that no one will tell you about!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    I feel like a mack truck just ran over me. twice. what do you guys suggest?besides running away.

GetBusyLiving

Just live. Don't live for the possibility that she may leave the JWs someday, that's a sure way to drive yourself crazy. Then if you happen to still be in contact in some way it happens naturally, it wouldn't be out of an obsession of trying to make this happen.

• clay
    clay

first of all there won't be any of me in a kingdom hall.... like i said im going to try to get her to see the light. but if she does'nt grip it then i WILL leave her alone. and the only way we would get to marriage is if she would get away from that society garbage. and there is NO CHANCE OF ME BECOMING A WITNESS..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit