If you won the Lottery big time, would you be happier?

by Rod P 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

absolutely

cos a lot of my problems would be vanishes............

• upside/down
    upside/down

hell yeah!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd be happier... i dont know what problems having money would create.. but i sure as heck know what problems it would solve!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would be happier for a few day and then have to start worrying about what i should do with it properly. How much should I give to this one and that one,,. My worries about having enough money would be over and that would be nice,,then I might start to invest it and be worried about that,,watching out for scam artist,,people who all of a sudden start liking you,,I don't know it is kind of a trade off.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Here is a deep question for you: If you had a perfect lottery machine, would the same numbers come out every week? Every computer programmer knows there is no such thing as a random number.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh yes, I surely would be happier. No more worries about having enough to eat, have some 'new' clothes that fit me for a change. To live in a nice place instead of the rat-hole I'm in now (no offense to the rat), be able to travel. Yes, I would be happier.

You can't be 'happy' on an empty belly. I laugh when people say 'money can't buy you happiness'. hahahaha Try not having enough to live on, and you will change your tune really quick!

Why do we have gambling and stuff, with these ludicrous prizes, yet give our sick so little to live on that they can't afford to eat properly? Yes, I love living in Canada, but some things really suck!

t

doesn't-gamble class

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

I could get a car with a muffler!!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

You can be unhappy rich or poor. If you have money, you can go to the park with your son and feed ducks. Because you don't have to work two jobs to make ends meet, and thus have no time to even see your kids. If you have money, you can make sure your kids get a good education, and get a job that makes THEM happy. And not some shi**y job that pays minimum wage, and lays you off after a year to hire 16 yo teenagers, so they don't have to pay for benefits. I don't care about expensive clothes, or fancy cars. I just want to spend time with my family. I know myself. I'm not the greedy type. I give so much to people now, and I don't have any money. So, YES!!! Money=family=time=happiness.

• Rod P
    Rod P

I used to sell Lottery tickets by mail order. Because of this, I was able to read all kinds of real life stories about people who won, the different strategies and systems people used to bet the lottery, as well lots of interesting experiences.

Then there were the lottery surveys. Did you know that about 85% of the eligible population in Canada (i.e. you have to be 18 years of age or older) bet or play the lottery. Furthermore, the players cut across all of the demographics and psychographics of the population. Religious affiliation has little to do with it. (Funny how they do not consider it gambling or morally wrong.)

One case involved this married couple who owned their home, and sold it to get out their equity which amounted to $175,000. They took that money and played every conceivable combination of 6 numbers out of 49. (Yes, I know the possible combinations are in the billions.) Anyway, they calculated that even if they did not win the big one, there were enough smaller prizes they would win sufficient to break even. After purchasing the tickets, they went home to their apartment and pasted them all over their walls and ceilings and floors. I saw a picture of their place, and it was amazing. After the draw, they did not win the main prize, but they did, in fact, win enough small prizes to break even, just like they had calculated. When interviewd, they were asked if they were going to bet like this again. Their answer was "No! It's just too hard on the nerves."

A lot of people bet on numbers based on birthdays in the family. This is not recommended for the reason that so many other people are betting on the same strategy, and there are only 12 months in a year, and 30 or 31 days in a month, so the number of people betting the same numbers becomes huge. Then if their numbers came up the big winner, they would have to split the prize amongst too many different winners. Not a good idea.

Rod P.

• LMS-Chef
    LMS-Chef

Probably not but I sure would like to find out for sure.

Michael

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit