If you won the Lottery big time, would you be happier?

by Rod P 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

Well, I've been rich and I've been poor, and money doesn't buy happiness but it sure does make life easier. Money isn't bad, it's what you do with it that counts.

That reminds me, the PowerBall Jackpot is up to 79million for Saturday's drawing, I'm tempted to give a ticket, it's like they say "where else can you buy a dream for a dollar."

If I won that 79million, I would spoil my friends and family with new cars and houses, travel, build a nice little house, and then donate the most of it to charities. Giving is very good for the soul, feels great and it's fun too.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I've never had less than I needed (which aint a whole lot, by US standards), but it sure would be nice to take a few round the world vacations.

Happier? Not really, but it would be fun!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

One of my favorite songs from "Shrek" includes the lines: "I want to be a millionaire someday/Know what it feels like to give it away." I'd like to spread it around to my friends who are in debt, start a foundation for abused children, and be able to meet my children at home after school because I don't HAVE to go to an office every day.

However, if that doesn't happen (and it probably won't), I will still enjoy my life, help where I can, and teach my children that a good work ethic is necessary in life.

Either way, I win, don't you think?

Nina

• freedom96
    freedom96

Without question I would be happier. For those who don't think so, try it. If you don't like it, you can always go back to being broke.

Does it solve all problems? No, of course not. But I do believe it would handle 95% of anyones problems, and it would leave time to handle the other 5%.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Nope... I'm very happy with my lot in life right now.

I love what I do and wouldn't quit my job. I already save almost 40% of my annual income now so I could easily cut back to part time and still pay the bills. If I won the lottery of say "After taxes of $3 million" I would probably quit my job and do Doctors Without Borders volunteer work full time anyway.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I'd like to spread it around to my friends who are in debt, start a foundation for abused children, and be able to meet my children at home after school because I don't HAVE to go to an office every day.

Nina, we are on the same page

Evil...So if you win, just pass that nasty blessing on to Nina and me..!!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I can't speak for others, but for me - yes. Because I already have everything money can't buy.

gently feral

• Mary
    Mary

Oh dear god yes.........I'd be a hell of a lot happier.........that reminds me, I gotta log off now and go buy me tickets for tonights draw......I'll let y'all know if I win!!! Wish me luck!! I mean.......wish me "good fortune".

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I guess you'd have to define happiness. Personally, I'm happier feeding the ducks with my son on a warm sunny day at the park than I am eating in an expensive 5 star restaurant, so probably not. Expensive stuff don't appeal to me much...

Although a big win would allow us to buy more bread for the ducks...

J

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Hmmm...let me think this through....no child support coming to my kids; a credit score that sucks so much it's probably negative; I already make $910 a month from VA--divided into rent, food, car fuel, electricity, child care and other pain-in-the-ass expenses; I have no job--because I don't really see a job right now that I'll be satisfied with (guess I really do have to learn Spanish now); dealing with the school about disbersement money that's supposed to be coming to you every two months, only to have them say every time that their system has to be "reconfigured"....

and you're asking me would winning the lottery make me happier?

well...DUH!

laters

kaykay_mp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit