If you won the Lottery big time, would you be happier?

by Rod P 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Rod P
    Rod P

How many of us imagine winning the big one, and all our problems in life would be solved. We could get whatever we wanted without worrying about money, could buy our way out of almost any situation (like the rich folks do), go on any vacation anywhere in the world, dress to the nines on a daily basis, and use our wealth to get others to do our bidding.

Money = Sex, Power, Influence, Decadent Luxury = Happiness???

What do you think?

Rod P.

• Jez
    Jez

It would solve alot of problems and allow me to live my life even fuller. I would love to win the lottery! I would of course do good with my $ as well though, take care of family, start a business that is not all about $, rather ppl and start a charity or sponsor one.

Jez

• xjwms
    xjwms

.................YES..................

• JAVA
    JAVA

As far as I know, there is only one thing money can't buy --poverty. :)

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

It wouldn't solve all my problems but hell yeah I would be happier. Poverty takes up too much of your time.

• nicholas
    nicholas

No...

I know I wouldn't be happier, as a believer I've had the pleasure of knowing what it's like to have a great conscience... all that money and all those people who are in need of it...

Being someone who has had the opportunity to dwell in a moderate amount of authority, I can tell you that the burdens of power and conscience come into play immensely. You would like to think that money, power, or "freedom" as most people dictate it to be are quite disctinctive and fulfilling, however they're void of the essence of happiness and joy; and they're like a disease... each of which only provide a band-aid for whatever ails you, and then you have to fill that void again with more and more, you become deprived of who you are and fiendishly materialistic; it's a surprise that people don't often refer to the seemingly worldly quote: it's lonely at the top. You never really know who really likes you for who you are, or what you've become... what you own, or what owns you... you become someone who could be easily bought and paid for, as simply put: you whore yourself to whatever misery will have you buy into. Even if you were to ask a lot of the richest people in the world, if they would give up their wealth and materials for a taste of what joy and happiness is... they would hesitate and promptly tell you no, but the reason they hesitated is because, yes... yes they would. It's about respect and comfort, not wealth and materials... they'd just rather be respected out of vain words and comforted by the fall back on their "security" than end up being "known" as nothing...

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Yes, I would be happier!!!

I'd live in a nicer area, with nicer things, drive a nicer car, traver to nicer and more exotic places. All of this would for sure contribute in making me happier.

If I really hit it big time, I'd pay my parents debt and all of my siblings debt. So, they for sure would be happier too!

DY

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Hell yeah!

• JAVA
    JAVA

In the spirit of found money, my father used to say, "Son, if you see a dollar laying on the ground, pick it up. There might be something of value under it."

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

YES, YES, YES (three times for emphasis!!! lol)

I've been thinking and talking about this alot lately. One of my clients won 10 million in a lottery last year. They have a handicapped child, so this makes things so much easier for them, and now that child will have no worries over who will provide for it when the parents pass away. They've bought a nice cottage, and all the toys that go along with it etc, but managing the money if a full time job in itself!

I think I'm usually a pretty happy person to begin with, but hey, we all have day to day problems facing us, and usually money is one of the biggest problems, so with that one out of the way, hell yes I'd be happier!!! lol

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit