If you won the Lottery big time, would you be happier?

by Rod P 53 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I don't know...

It might make some people's lives easier in some ways but more difficult in others. Once you have money you have to work to protect your assets. Scum bags are always trying to get at something they don't deserve. Besides alot of people are just poor money managers. Doesn't matter if they make $ 20,000 a year, $ 50,000 a year, or $ 250,000 a year...they still piss it all away and then some.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Of COURSE it would! Even with insurance, our combined hospital bills are into the thousands and are being added to with ongoing testing. The last ambulance ride cost just under $1,000, and there have been four of them.

We should be living comfortably at this point, and looking forward to doing all the things we couldn't do when we had little ones at home. So winning a large chunk of cash wouldn't be so bad

Did you ever notice that people who say that money isn't everything-----usually have a lot of it?

Annie

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Maybe cause they've seen the flip side of the coin at the hassles of having alot of money....

Relatives that constantly think you ought to be loaning them money...even when they haven't paid you back from the last 3 loans.

People bringing lawsuits cause they figure they ought to have some of what you got.

A government that takes 40% of what you make already and doesn't provide much. No health care. No decent mass transit. Trying to scrap Social Security.

It doesn't make you happier. It makes life easier in some ways but harder in others. There is no such thing as monetary security. If you believe that then you are falling prey to the marketing hype of Big Corp America.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Money = Sex, Power, Influence, Decadent Luxury = Happiness???

I'd be happy to win a lottery, but not for the above reasons. I'd just buy an average house, new truck, and a new bike. I'd probably get a hot tub too.

I'd keep working to avoid becoming a total recluse.

Walter

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Winning the lottery wouldnt affect my happiness...but it sure would be nice to not worry about making ends meet.

Not having to rely on a job would be cool...there have been times I wanted to quit a job because of rotten employers. I like to work...but not for a$$holes.

Waking up late everyday wouldnt be good. Would still need to do PT...what good is money if you arent healthy enough to spend it.

Would give a sizeable amount to the cherities of my choosing...*screw the United Way.

Always wanted a Harley ;) Set up a college fund for my kids. Buy a house.

Sure I could think of a few other things <g>

Lizard

• Charisma
    Charisma

I would buy all my kids a home of their own and them give them a nice chunk of money in each of their bank accounts

• JH
    JH

Yes, and I would move south of the border...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I just got a Powerball ticket the other day. No snowball's chance of anything, but I thought I'd try it for once...

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

For the Powerball and other relatively large jackpots--can you attain anonymity? Because I thought about the mooch factor...of course I'd give some to my mom and dad and pay off all my debts; but my brother would be showing up on my doorstep asking to move in every chance that he got, and he's a killjoy to be around now that he's a JW. I care not to know most of my relatives now, but all sorts of long-lost relatives would be showing up if my winnings went public.

Dude, it's like I already have enough stress now.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Mary
    Mary

Sunspot said: The last ambulance ride cost just under $1,000, and there have been four of them.

Holy crap!! A thousand dollars for one ambulance ride??? That's unbelievable!! And here my sister was pissed off that OHIP didn't cover the $50.00 ambulance bill for her boyfriend a couple of years ago............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit