The most condescending thing said to you by the (sm)elders.

by diamondblue1974 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

Love2bworldly:

if he comes knocking on my door even if he's drunk and it's the middle of the night, I am to let him in to have sex with me anytime he wants it

Let them play dutiful wifey to him. I bet they would change their tune.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was going back to the meetings after 9 years of being out, working towards reinstatement. So, I did not want to miss any meetings. My son was coming from Missouri to Texas to visit, I had not seen him in about a year. He was riding with some friends of mine that were going to Houston. I had booked a flight for my son to fly from Houston to San Antonio to arrive early in the am. His first time to fly btw...about 15 years old. We lived about 60 miles from the airport.

The plane came in on time but I got lost going to the airport. Which made me late getting to the meeting.......My son had been up all night on the drive from Missouri. and then caught a plane .....then an hour drive to the meeting..ha what fun for him. Man what a freak I was.

Since we got to the meeting late, no seats on the back row, we had to sit in the front row. I surely did not want to sit there, but had no choice. My son was in jeans..........

After the meeting, an elder came up to me and said " Next time you might want to sit on the back row as you are disfellowshipped, then people would know not to approach you." I also just started recently going to this congo.

I was so pissed..........I remember wanting to say....why don't you make the DESERVING people sit in the front row so I CAN sit in the back or rope off the back two rows for disfellowshipped people so we got a proper place to sit..........or would you rather I tattoo DISFELLOWSHIPPED across my head??

There is no doubt in my mind, you will hardly find a story of any one that tried so hard to not miss that meeting in that Kingdom Hall that morning. It almost made me never go back.

purps

• loosie
    loosie

I'm surprised you did (go back) purps.

The most condencending thing that I heard an elder say wasn't directed to me but was about me. Said to my new husband (who was previously married, to a physcopath I might add) " so ya found yourself another one huh?"

I think he's just jealous he wasn't getting any.

• upside/down
    upside/down

"No wonder your wife committed adultery... you practically pimped her out."

"You're like Achen, you concealed a sin and THAT'S why there's been so many problems in the congo lately- YOU DID IT!"

So I was responsible for ALL the peoples personal problems in the congo (even though this was based on a big lie)? And I continue shunned along with my kids....

These words were spoken to me by my loving "brothers" after my adulterous wife lied and told them I'd been beating her and "abusive". She later recanted and apologized to me.... now we laugh at how easily manipulated these morons are... and how little they delve deep into matters to find out the truth before judging.

I often times wonder... despite the hell my wife put me through... I'd a never found out (or it would have taken a LOOONG time) the truth about "the truth" if she'd hadn't put me through hell, as it were and revealed how the bOrg really operates (under pressure). This I believe the Bible calls "baptism by fire". Also, doesn't the Bible say that "fire" would prove what kind of "materials" you'd built your faith with?

u/d (of the brick house class)

• tyler m
    tyler m

Which time? During college I worked as a bus boy to make ends meet. One of many jobs I had. An elder told me "so this is what you are doing with your life"? Bastard! I really needed the job, otherwise he would have been eating his food off the floor. He cleaned officies for a living. That's all he ever did. I wish he could see me now. I bet I make more in a week than he does in 3 months.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Tyler M

He cleaned officies for a living. That's all he ever did. I wish he could see me now. I bet I make more in a week than he does in 3 months.

And he probably licks toilets clean too! Kudos to you.

Dismembered

"They": believe they're gliding down the highway,

when in fact they're slip-sliding away".

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

In 1974 I was an 18 year old newlywed, married to a 26 year old JW wife abuser. One winter Sunday morning I got up to a freezing house to get ready for the meeting. I started a fire in our wood stove and got in the shower. When I got out the fire had gone out and my husband was furious with me. I went and made his breakfast but he was bound and determined to make me pay for him having to wake up to a cold house. I went into the bathroom to get my brush while he was shaving and he pulled me in and threw me against the wall and said if you want the bathroom you can have it. He shut me in and wouldn't let me out. I tried to reason with him and then pleaded to no avail. I tried pushing on the door which infuriated him and he open the door and beat the crap out of me. I went to the meeting anyway so I could talk to an elder. After the meeting the elder came over while my husband had gone to a job. My mother and sister, both Witnesses at the time were there. After I told the Elder the story, he sat there with a stupid grin on his face with his bible on his lap and said "Wow don't the sisters in Malawi wish they had your problems" He then said "come here and I'll show you a fool proof way to make a fire" He actually started showing me how to make a fire "so it wouldn't happen again". He then proceeded to read me scriptures on how to be a good wife. My husband was never reprimended or spoken to. When I left my husband 5 years later the Elders told me I would be responsible if my husband committed adultery.

• Flindersgirl
    Flindersgirl

I was told by an elder that it was all my fault my then husband who was not a Witness was not in the truth as I obviously had to be doing something very wrong as both a Witness and his wife or he would have "seen the light" by now!!! I just looked at him...

Only time in my entire marriage my ex ever showed any sense was by NOT becoming a Jdub

Cheers

• ScrappyKat
    ScrappyKat

Sitting in my mothers home 8 months pregnant to my live in partner (now husband) I was asked if I was going to come back to the congregation, because if I was, they would have to disfellowship me. I informed them that there was no way I'd ever set foot inside their hall again.

Bl**dy idiots

ScrappyKat

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I had recently been laid-off from my job and having a hard time finding another job in my field because the price of gold was declining.As well our monthly expenses were a little over $2000/month and my unemployment was only $1400/month.My wife didn't have a job at the time,she was being a good jw wife.

I was standing at the back of the hall one night and an elder heard that I was out of work."Well",he says,"if you're unemployed,you should be out pioneering,it's the best way to find a job".This is the same elder who,a year later,when his union went on strike,went and got another job right away.Didn't pioneer or tell the other brothers on strike they should pioneer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit