The most condescending thing said to you by the (sm)elders.

by diamondblue1974 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I was told that this world was sinking like the Titanic. And that I was one of those on that ship.

I was 17 and I was trying to get baptized. It hurt me very much because I hated thinking I was never good enough for them and that they had the right to tell me I was going to die. Thinking you are going to die everyday and having someone bluntly telling you that you are going to die is very hurtful.

Brooke

• tweety
    tweety

When my exhusband left me for a younger women in the congr. he had admitted to me and the elders that he commited adultery 4 times in our marriage. Since he was a MS in the congr. they removed him from his position and put him on public reproof.

I asked one of the elders on the judical commitee, 'why wasn't he disfellowshipped?' The elder told me 'Dee, you need to except the decision made from heaven, through the body of elders.' huh? The decision from Heaven? What, does God talk to the elders?

I can gladly tell you brothers and sisters, that he is now serving faithfully as an Elder in Pennsylvania. The only thing that he has been known to do lately, is drink to much and was caught poaching deer by the authorities. lol

Dee

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I never took my scripts to his store, but being part of a national chain, he must have felt that his shepherding included med checks and second guessing of physicians.

I would've had this asshole's job for trying that with me. whatever happened to the expectation of privacy?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk
    I never took my scripts to his store, but being part of a national chain, he must have felt that his shepherding included med checks and second guessing of physicians.

I would've had this asshole's job for trying that with me. whatever happened to the expectation of privacy? Totally agree.What right has he to do that.In the Uk the Door wouldnt have enough time to hit his Ass on the way out!

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

95storm, I was embarassed!!!! And, he was an Elder!! Also, I was so mind controlled, trying to fit in being a good little wanna be dubbie. Also, it was before the HIPPA Act. But in retrospect...Too late now, he died about a year later.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Crumpet:

I agree that most things the elders say are designed to put you down. It is really about their hang-ups or biases against you. If you are a woman (or not the kind of woman these particular elders like) they will say things to put you down.

I never wanted a shepherding call because they never made me feel good.

LHG

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Whats been the most condescending thing said to you by an elder?

Usually, anything they said.

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

an up and coming young married (with no kids) MS was constantly giving my 15 year old son "fatherly advice" as i was a single parent. he tried to override my decisions constantly which i didn't appreciate. my son was highly conflicted and thought it wasn't right. i love these meddling MS and elders who are clueless!

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I KNEW AN ELDER WHO WAS COUNCELING A VERY LARGE SISTER ABOUT GLUTONY. SHE TOLD HIM SHE HAD A GLAND PROBLEM AND COULD NOT HELP HER WEIGHT.

HE TOLD HER, "NOBODY EVER CAME OUT OF A CONCENTRATION CAMP WITH A GLAND PROBLEM!

OUTASERVICE

• greendawn
    greendawn

I was once talking with an elder about someone who had partaken of the emblems for the first time though quite young, in his thirties, and I said I can't see why most people disbelieve and criticise what he did why don't they go and ask him some questions about his decision before being so judgemental, and he told me: "we only believe in the FDS, that guy is just a clown"

Knowing him I'd say he was a very decent person but probably the JWs expect the "annointed" to be totally commited in preaching in their way whereas he had different ideas on the issue, he was into street preaching (the apostolic way as he said)as he didn't think it right to go knocking on people's doors. Plus he always refused to give in time slips for his fs to the elders as he thought it totally needless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit