Name Things You Can Get Counseled,Reproved or Disfellowshipped For

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yup! I was counseled for working in a bakery. I quit and got a better job and I was reprimanded for getting the new job by a different Witness. When I was younger I blew them off but when I got a little older they started to piss me off with their crap.

I'll tell you this, the Witness people provided my reference point for jack around. None of the stuff they messed with me about was any of their business and had absolutely NOTHING to do with religion. They are just a secular business who rely on donated labor and like to micro manage. I'd think if somebody's working for me for free, I'm gonna be nice to them, not give them a bunch of crap and run them off.

In reality I'm actually grateful that they gave those nudges. I'd hate to think I might have worked for them for free for 40 or 50 years and that could have happened if they had been nice to me.

• tijkmo
  • Quentin
    Quentin

I'm stuned. I mean...jeez...I left in '74 and don't mean to say that it was a kinder, gentler org. back then. JWs got counsled about things, like two door cars, but damnation, not anything like I'm reading here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit