Name Things You Can Get Counseled,Reproved or Disfellowshipped For

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My aunt was a regular pioneer and she was counseled AND looked down upon for having a 2 door convertible. It was not becoming of a pioneer. The COs make it a point to try to get car groups with 4 door vehicles.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I do know that if anyone enters an office lottery pool, and gets found out, the person will be reproved publicly.

I've entered a few here in the office. Always fearful that we should win a lot of money and then my name would be published and I'd get the big kick in the butt out.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

My poor husband has gotten counseled and even other brothers have tried to help him.

He suffers from the "non-submissive wife" syndrome.

It's funny at times when brothers come over the house with their wives and the wife tries to coach me on the ways of the WTBTS. I shot them down with my quick and logical answers.

Now certain brothers don't want their wives coming near me. Hey, I tell it like it is. There's much I put up with, but this treatment of women/wives like second class citizens is not flying with me in this day and age and living in a country where both have to work.

DY

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

The Torah has only 600 laws... We could post for days on this.... But here's my ABC's of disfellowhipping / counseling...

A - Apostacy
    B - Bare minimums (only answering 1 time per meeting, only 10 hours a month, not preparing for WitlessTower Study)
    C - Closet Homosexuality
    D - Driving a 2 door car
    E - Erotic love of your wife - she is a Christain after all
    F - Farting during the meeting
    G - Gossiping (unless you are an elder's wife)
    H - Haughtiness - (this is when you won't accept elder's lame ass excuse of "wait on Jehoba"
    I - Irriating to others (specifically any elder out gunning for you)
    J - Jacking off
    K - Kissing a member of the opposite sex without a chapereon present
    L - Lesbianism
    M - Medical use of blood products
    N - Nice clothes (couldn't you shop at JC Penny and put the addl. money in the contribution box?)
    O - Opera (surely Satanic, but for sure takes time away from meetings since it happens at night)
    P - Pop culture of any kind (don't fit in, look like a freak, scare people away)
    Q - Query the elders (shows lack of faith by not parroting the answers back rotely)
    R - Red Sports Car - Obvious lack of spirituality
    S - Sun tan (worshipping the sun god - not good)
    T - Teasing the elders for lack of scriptural foundation
    U - Unconditional love (this is selfish...you can only love those in the borg)
    V - Vises - the worst of the worst (sleeping in on Sat., going to see rated R movies, enjoying 1 cigar a month)
    W - Whatever we can think of
    X - X rated movies
    Y - Yearning for badness
    Z - Zoology - aka as beastiality

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You've just about covered them all Evil Force! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• minimus
    minimus

I like this A to Z approach.

• zaphod
    zaphod

and didn't you hate just how you got counselled.

there were the obligatory couple of positive remarks, followed by the obligatory "BUT" then they would hit you with the real reason for the "shepherding call".

don't bullshit me man, just say what you really came here to say, don't sugar the pill

zaphod

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I was talked to because of my car and how Wonderful it would be to have as a service car.

Damn SUV's! It was a Yukon and then I had 2 Sport Jeeps. I can fit 5 but "those" people were not allowed in my cars

Brooke...I love Cars!

• Preston
    Preston

Weird shit I got counseled for:

- Calling the information board the bulletin board

- sucking on finger after i got a paper cut

- putting a book on a chair (was viewed as unecessarily saving a seat)

- not putting zeros on my time sheets where I didnt have any placements, RV's, Bible studies

- not smiling enough (cause we all like being at the hall....right?....right!!!!!!)

- not wearing a jacket while carrying a microphone (in 100 degree weather in Phoenix)

- asking a sister with a disfellowshipped husband "how they were doing?" I dunno...guess we were not suppose to give the impression that we were interested in people who were disfellowshiped, they might actually want to come back!!!!

...and an array of other BS

- Preston

• minimus
    minimus

Elders are "trained" to counsel by FIRST giving some commendation, then giving condemnation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit