Name Things You Can Get Counseled,Reproved or Disfellowshipped For

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Apostate

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    How about a Red 2 door car, with mags wheels...

Dang it, JH... You weren't supposed to tell anyone about my car.... J

• franklin J
    franklin J

about that 2 door car vs. the 4 door for service....

when I was 16 my Dad bought me the car of my dreams ( from when I was old enough to know what a car was)....it was a Chevy Malibu convertable; cherry red with a white interior; bucket seats ,floor shift and a 350 engine to boot ( this was when gas was .55 per gallon) it had 2 doors....not exactly a good service car.

I was a full time pioneer at age 17 and I kept the car. This was not viewed kindly by the local body of elders; but since my father was one, I was never "spoken to".

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Minimus, on the 2-door car thing, that's no longer correct. Not by a long shot.

The style of car anyone drives is of a personal choice. You must've had some psycho brothers in your KH to have actually counseled anyone for having a 2-door or sporty car.

I know plenty of JWs with 2-door and sporty type vehicles. Perhaps what you're referring too is way old 'light'.

DY

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    having an unsubmissive wife,

iiz2cool - what did you do about your wife? how was her lack of submission evident to the elders?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I know plenty of JWs with 2-door and sporty type vehicles. Perhaps what you're referring too is way old 'light'.

The fact that they have the 2 door vehicles isn't evidence that they've never been counselled for it. I also knew some with 2 door cars, and they were all, without exception counselled for it. They simply chose to disregard the counsel.

Walter

• Englishman
    Englishman
    was counselled for biting my nails. Apparently it's demonic to be enslaved to any habit!

I was also counselled for wearing bright ties, driving a 2 seater van for work, being overweight, joining a gym to lose weight, having financial problems when I was out of work, being materialistic when I inheirited my dad's house, going to school to retrain rather than living on a disability, working overtime to pay off debts accumulated during my retraining period, having an unsubmissive wife, wearing tinted prescription glasses, having a moustache, wearing a t shirt in public, owning a motorcycle, wearing a leather jacket on the motorcycle, not smiling enough at the kingdom hall, not commenting enough, not underlining my watchtower, having red eyes due to a sleep disorder. I'm sure I could come up with more if I thought about it long enough.

Luxury.

Englishman.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I just wanted to add that I think Doubtfully Yours has a point.

When I was active during 90s decade I drove a red 2-door sports car (two different cars) for most of that time and never got a word spoken to me (but then again I was already considere atypical being a college student).

I think that counsel about cars was probably a particular bug that went around pre-1990s but I would doubt if anyone would get counseled on that today. Could be wrong of course, but I don't think it is a systemic thing and is just the particular foibles of individual Elders, perhaps repeating "old counsel" that they learned or received from the days gone bye.

Of course, there are other ridiculous things that still receive counsel today so Min's point is still valid.

-Eduardo

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    what did you do about your wife? how was her lack of submission evident to the elders?

What did I do about her? Well, we're no longer together. But at the time it's not that she was so unsubmissive to me, she simply refused to subject herself to every brother in the congregation. If the elders tried to talk to her about something she'd say "Don't bother me - go talk to my head. He's right over there." And she'd walk away leaving them standing there stupidly. I really liked that about her.

Walter

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I got counseled plenty for having a two door car. It wasn't a good 'service mobile'.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit