a wind of change

by stillajwexelder 107 Replies latest members private

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wildhorses,

Fair enough. It just gets to me at times when people throw their education in others faces. I know quit a few people who have degrees but couldn't think their way out of a box.

Yes, I agree. That is why I can guarantee that you had no idea that I had an honors degree in English until today and yet we have both been posting on this board for four years or so.

HS

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    That is why I can guarantee that you had no idea that I had an honors degree in English until today and yet we have both been posting on this board for four years or so.

I'm sorry. I wasn't implying that you were one of them. It's just that I also know quit a few people who, because they could not afford it, do not have a degree and are very intelligent. Not that I am one of them. LOL

• beebee
    beebee

So Simon, if profanity is part of your new "zero tolerance" stance, how come you get to use it????

beebee of the ...I didn't wear no nappies in Texas and don't buy the "do what I say, not as I do" mentality

• tyydyy
    tyydyy
    For your information, that was a response to tyddyy who tried to give me an English lesson and failed.

I failed? Is that why you haven't replied to my response or is it because you are the one that failed? Hmmmmm

You know what you can do with your degree. Bringing up your degree as a defense for your poor grammatical skills does not mean that I failed to prove my point. It just proves that you are an ASS.

TimB

• Simon
    Simon
    So Simon, if profanity is part of your new "zero tolerance" stance, how come you get to use it????

You should complain to the next cop that pulls you over that he was probably speeding ...

Yes, I use the odd profanity but very occasionally and I do not start topics with the sole purpose of seeing how many times I can say the F word.

• Aztec
    Aztec

A quick re-read of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" might do a few people some good.

Just call me Snowball...

• beebee
    beebee
    You should complain to the next cop that pulls you over that he was probably speeding ...

Nah...this is Texas. They don't speed. They'd much rather lie in wait, on a street where the stop signs are in the wrong place, or the school zones are marked on the way in, but not on the way out and nab you for something useless. All in the name of increasing local revenues.......

See..doublespeak exists everywhere.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Tim,

It just proves that you are an ASS.

Could you *please* try to maintain a civil conversation. Honestly, some people!

Now, this thread is clear evidence that disagreements can take place on an XJW board, vigorous discussion can take place, people can be called names and the thread dies a natural death. Join the dots.

HS

PS - Please note the inclusive request in my *first* sentence. This makes it a request and not an instruction.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Now, this thread is clear evidence that disagreements can take place on an XJW board, vigorous discussion can take place, people can be called names and the thread dies a natural death. Join the dots.

WTF? You mean no one has gotten deleted yet?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Simon I actually have no disagreement that it is your board and can do as you see fit...and in fact I have a healthy appreciation for your work with this which I expressed publically and privately.

And I again do so now. Thank you.

But...staying on topic...

What happens is that a certain few do not like to allow other people to have an opposing opinion and so try to shut it down. They try to jump on and twist every post I make into appearing that I am anti-American when I am not.

After a lot of this, I get tired and they are gone. Not for their political opinion but because of their tiresome attacks and behaviour. Of course, they then try to claim that it was because of the politics.

On some threads you can appear to be as guilty and provocative as the others you are referring to.

Okay I've given my observation as to what I thought the "winds of change" were referring to and I'm done. Sometimes it's nice to clear the air between friends.

Confused - peace / out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit