a wind of change

by stillajwexelder 107 Replies latest members private

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    So there is contardiction within tow sentences

Is that whiskey I smell on your breath sir?

HS

• Aztec
    Aztec

Testing, testing:

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

LOL!

• wasasister
    wasasister

HS: With all nuances and subtlety aside...in other (English) words, putting cards securly on table....

Do YOU think there is any validity to the concerns others have expressed regarding the "unwelcoming" atmosphere on this board? Is this a misperception on the part of those who are called "the usual suspects", "trouble-makers", or "pot-stirrers"?

Should these outspoken individuals shut up, shrug it off, because - after all - it's just a discussion board and doesn't really matter?

Your thoughts, please?

Respectfully,

Wasa

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

No there's no truth to it.

Come on, they're disgruntled and have fallen away.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Azzy sweet talking to lighten the atmosphere

S

• Aztec
    Aztec

Yes, my dear, sweet talk is what it is.

I send a lot of people here when they stumble across other boards. I want them to be enlightened and feel comfortable. I don't want them to feel stifled and unable to express themselves in their new-found freedom. I would like to feel confident that I can send someone a link and they won't resent me a year or two down the road for doing so. I came here because a friend sent me a link. Less than two years later I have no desire to participate here. Why? It's not because I have outgrown my jw issues. I just don't feel comfortable expressing myself here.

As I said before, a few people need to re-read Orwell's "Animal Farm".

• Aztec
    Aztec

I knew someone was going to edit me. I'm glad that it was Kate.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wasa,

Do YOU think there is any validity to the concerns others have expressed regarding the "unwelcoming" atmosphere on this board? Is this a misperception on the part of those who are called "the usual suspects", "trouble-makers", or "pot-stirrers"?

I think that there are issues with the behavioral boundaries for posting changing every so often. I have never made a secret of this. It is upon this erratic foundation that many an upset has originated, but frankly Wasa, this board was far more unwelcoming three years ago. Many of the posters who cry like babies when their posts are challenged would have lasted around four hours in the old days.

Should these outspoken individuals shut up, shrug it off, because - after all - it's just a discussion board and doesn't really matter?

I think that they should speak out if they are prepared to live with the consequences, whether they percieve these to be fair or not. This is surely how adults live. You speak your mind, if you are censured, you shrug your shoulders and move on. This is especially true on discussion boards, which are hardly an important neccessity in life. If you do not want to be censured, you obey the rules, however erratic of predjudiced they may be. This is just a discussion Board Wasa, not the Supreme Court. The vast majority of discussion boards on the Internet are run on the same basis and I see few complaints about this anywhere because people recognize that they are not organizations, they are just discussion boards.

What puzzles me is the amount of people who play to an audience, as many have done on this thread, grinning like stupid children at their friends in the gallery while they test the patience of the Board owner. I know children who would be embarrassed by such behavior.

HS

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

wow. I have to disagree all over the place on this post.

It's not just a discussion board for some people. I know that some like to ridicule anyone who claims this and paint them as "pathetic", but think back to the days following your departure from the JWs. How alone you may have felt and how scared you may have been. Losing your friends, family and everything you've known your entire life.

nope, it's not just a message board. If we were talking sports here, maybe. But we're not, are we?

I think it's a tool, if used properly, that could make all the difference in the lives of thousands.

Rev

P.S.

this board was far more unwelcoming three years ago

oy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit