a wind of change

by stillajwexelder 107 Replies latest members private

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

stillanxjwelder,

As I love this board I will shut up rather than leave - if any of you thinks that makes me a coward - so be it. If any of you think that makes me ahypocrite so be it - Hilary Step as a Forum assistant can call me a cowrd or anything else I will not dignify him by by attacking him. there is one rule for mods / forum assistants and one rule for the rest

Okay you may have a point, but what one does on discussion Boards is offer proof. Are you prepared to do so?

HS.

PS - Just one more time. I am not a moderator, or a forum assistant, whatever that is, so you can take me out of your 'dots'. I have had my posts edited as well, I also speak as I see it and risk censure by the moderators. The difference however between myself and the majority who balk against this is that I just plain *do not care*. If I am deleted from this board it will mean nothing to me at all, as it is after all, just a bleeding on-line discussion board - nothing more, nothing less!

I stopped being a moderator when it was decided that the board needed 'cleaning up'. I realized that I would have difficulty in abiding by this more strict regime. I liked the have freedom to say what I wanted to, even if it meant my deletion and I have not changed either my modus, or my opinion on this.

I certainly would not behave like a buffoon and take my silly little issues to other boards and start cutting and pasting from one board to another to play to an audience, as has been done and redone the past few years among XJW's. This shows more about the empty lives of the posters involved than it does about *any* issues, or percieved issues that are discussed.

Now, bugger off you pustular, fetid, morons, you are keeping me from my afternoon coffee.

HS

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

I'm assuming that's why you missed Charm School.

Whoops, it got away. Anyhow, THAT was an understatement!

Stilla, I don't remember you deliberately insulting people or being a rude jerk, so you're alright in my book.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    hillary_step Apr 10, 2005
    Post 5219 of 5219
    since 13-Apr-01

HS, this may be why people believe you are. It states as much under your screen name.

• Simon
    Simon

Well, I can point to a myriad of political topics where people have disagreed with me - nothing has happend to them has it?

What happens is that a certain few do not like to allow other people to have an opposing opinion and so try to shut it down. They try to jump on and twist every post I make into appearing that I am anti-American when I am not.

After a lot of this, I get tired and they are gone. Not for their political opinion but because of their tiresome attacks and behaviour. Of course, they then try to claim that it was because of the politics.

Perhaps the best defense is what they themselves do. Some go elsewhere and 'bragg' that they "managed to get Simon to delete me". This is really a back-handed compliment and shows how tollerant I have been, probably over-tollerant and so some have learnt to behave in ways that are simply not acceptable.

The bottom line is that I pay the bills, I make the rules and I crank the handles to run the site. I allow a wide variety of opinions, some that I strongly disagree with personally. What I expect is some consideration and the same respect that every person on the site should be able to expect.

If people are not willing to behave properly according to these rules then it is not the forum for them and they should go elsewhere.

• Simon
    Simon
    If I am deleted from this board it will mean nothing to me at all, as it is after all, just a bleeding on-line discussion board - nothing more, nothing less!

Someone with a clue !

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

HS Respect man - but I honestly had you down as an afternoon TEA man rather than coffee

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

The way I see it:

There are many who come here to find a safe haven from the storm that comes from leaving the organization. The discussions help them figure out what is "normal" in this world. When the discussions go into the areas of politics, sex, evolution etc. they will become uncomfortable but they will get over it and discover that there is no universal definition of right and wrong, good and evil or normal and weird. They learn that they are free to think and speak however they feel. That is the most important step for someone escaping this cult.

When they no longer feel free to express their true feelings or thoughts..........................they might as well have stayed. Are we encouraging freedom of thought? Are we, through fear, demanding that others maintain the same moral boundries as ourselves?

TimB

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wildhorses,

And does this make you think you are somehow better than those who do not have a degree?

My experience is that half the issues that take place on these boards are due to people not reading the posts carefully if at all.

For your information, that was a response to tyddyy who tried to give me an English lesson and failed.

HS

PS - As for the forum assistant' or whatever notation is next to my avatar. I have no control over it, so perhaps you might direct your concerns to the correct department!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    For your information, that was a response to tyddyy who tried to give me an English lesson and failed.

Fair enough. It just gets to me at times when people throw their education in others faces. I know quit a few people who have degrees but couldn't think their way out of a box.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Gypsywildone,

I'm assuming that's why you missed Charm School.

Whoops, it got away. Anyhow, THAT was an understatement!

Ooops! Looks as if you missed charm school along with me. Hypocrisy is an easy target on these boards, as I think I have proved to you once before, and have now done so again.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit