a wind of change

by stillajwexelder 107 Replies latest members private

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

As I love quite a lot of what JWs do and also love most of the brothers , I choose to stay a witness and be a coward and not leave them despite the fact I do not believe it anymore and I post on boards like this so -- follow through call me ahypocrite if you like, At the hall and in Jws there is one rule for the brothers and sisters and one rule for the higher ups and the elders - now join the dots

As I love this board I will shut up rather than leave - if any of you thinks that makes me a coward - so be it. If any of you think that makes me ahypocrite so be it - Hilary Step as a Forum assistant can call me a cowrd or anything else I will not dignify him by by attacking him. there is one rule for mods / forum assistants and one rule for the rest

So I love this board and want to stay so now I am going to be a coward and shut up. ENOUGH

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Please define Behave Civily

Hillary,

I presume that you think that your instructions will have some sort of effect on me.....lol I only listen to advice from people that I have some sort of respect for, or who have at least earned it. You have not reached that lofty height yet son

I didn't give you instructions. I didn't give you advice. It's what we, who speak the english language, call a request.

I don't expect that you have any respect for me........or anyone who doesn't agree with you. That's obvious.

TimB

• wasasister
    wasasister
    As you will NOW note the person who started this thread has admitted that he is not speaking plainly because he is SCARED too. My 'pomposity' serves its purpose far more than either of you imagined. If you think that I am shallow enough to have made an issue out of this because of any other reason, you do not know me at all, not even as much as you think you do. This goes for Wasasister as well.

HS: If your subtlety went over my head, I beg your forgiveness. I honestly don't "know you" beyond what few words we have exchanged, but I do have a sense of your integrity...and so I give you the benefit of the doubt and take you at your word.

Simon: do you really think this subject is so very simple? Thread about swearing being deleted and "boo hoo"? There is much more to this iceberg.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Tim,

I didn't give you instructions. I didn't give you advice. It's what we, who speak the english language, call a request.

I will leave you to your own confused definitions. One day you may realize just what a mistake you made in the statement above when compared with your previous instructions, but somehow I doubt it. Just as a hint, 'Please Keep Off The Grass' or 'Keep Of The Grass' - are these requests or instructions?

By the way, I have a Honours Degree in English won at a prestigious UK university, no doubt while you were still fouling your nappies in Texas.

HS

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Chill Pills....help yourselves....

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

stilla......i dont think you are a coward and i dont think you are a hypocrite......i just think you are mature

• wasasister
    wasasister
    By the way, I have a Honours Degree in English won at a prestigious UK university, no doubt while you were still fouling your nappies in Texas.

I'm assuming that's why you missed Charm School.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy
    Just as a hint, 'Please Keep Off The Grass' or 'Keep Of The Grass' - are these requests or instructions?

Is that a question or a statement?

Oh good, You do have toilet paper then. You really should use it.

TimB

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

And does this make you think you are somehow better than those who do not have a degree?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I think a big thing that bothers people is how Simon handles his political threads. He comes across very aggressively and "in your face" toward American politics and then if umbrage is taken and it's given back to him the way he dishes it out...well...those people seem to disappear or go in the cooler. That seems unfair to provoke and then use the "I'm the owner of the board" card to trump them.

I think Simon's friends in the real world have told him this.

And don't think I mind passion and Simon is passionate about what he believes, but sometimes unfair about how he handles the political spats he has on this board. If you are going to dish it out hard and be "in your face about it" how can you expect not to get it back that way?

I think this is well observed and people are afraid to say it.

Can I say this? Is this what you guys meant to say? Will I be deleted for observing this? I hope not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit