"Put on the new personality"

"Upbuilding"

"Theocratic"

• upside/down
    upside/down

Worldly

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Panties, purse and moist (when not referring to food)

The first should not be used by anyone, much less predish witnesses.

I don't know why I hate the word purse...I just do.

Moist....never bother me until I started watching "Dead Like Me" but only if not referring to food. Moist food can be good.

I have given up trying to understand it...I just accept my word wierdness.

• DocHayes
    DocHayes

Put Jehovah first.

Throw your burden upon Jehovah. Jehovah please take care of my $300 car note, while I skip work to Pioneer.

Make the Truth your own. Aside from a crappy kindgom melody, how the hell do you make the truth your own? You're supposed to make it the Society's. If you made it your own, you'd get disfellowshipped for apostacy... or something like that.

Humbility Some catch phrase my last DO came up with.

• Harpy
    Harpy

DEMONS!!!

As in the Demons are entering your mind. That is demonic..OR my favorite (from my mother) "I think there are demons in this house"

I remember on sister refered to a mentally ill homeless man as having a DEMON in HIM... He wasn't schizophrenic, HE WAS POSSESSED...

Harpy

• evita
    evita

A few more:

Do your UTMOST.

Do not become UNEVENLY YOKED.

PRECIOUS TRUTHS

HOUSEHOLDER

FORNICATION - This one makes me particularly crazy...

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

I have gone back to being a lurker and have not posted here in AGES!!! ('cause I'm a "fraidycat"and my reasons are my own) However, this particular topic sends me reeling and indicates that I am really in need of professional help!!! I have read EACH AND EVERY one of the responses so far and have concluded that there is not ONE POSTING on this topic that I disagree with. Need to send y'all some money (via Paypal) for the free therapy session. This further "ILLUSTRATES" how insidious these coined phrases and words can be. If ever there was a moment of indecision for me , it has been resolved now. I'm not going back!!! This stuff is psyche ward material and should contain a warning!!! Flashbacks can be deadly!!! I just had one. Peace. Out.

Ah, and one more thing: DO NOT underestimate your affect on lurkers. The one you save may be your own.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

FORTUNATE - You couldn't say lucky.

Lucky is from the German 'Happy' or glee.

But we could use the word from the Goddess FORTUNA.

We should have ditched "event" derived from the Roman God Bona Eventus.

WHOLESOME. Depends on the whole how Holy is the hole...

INCULCATE - Should be In CULT ate.

HB

• loosie
    loosie

titalating... that word always made me giggle thought they were talking about boobs

• BU2B
    BU2B

Listen Obey and Be Blessed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit