Your Most DREADED Dub Word

by GetBusyLiving 134 Replies latest social current

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

For me it was a scripture that had been pounded at every single meeting Hebrews 10:24, 25.

There are SOME among us that don't take meeting attendance seriously

Have mental problems - go to the meetings

Have serious health condition - go to the meetings

have a headache - go to the meetings it will heal

Got a flue - go to the meetings - you can use back room (never mind nursing mothers)

I'm about to deliver the baby - go to the meeting, then after you can do that too

But my water can break any moment - we've got toilet go to the meetings

Have nothing to wear - go to the meetings (actually this is real last time I was there I've heard elder saying "if you don't have proper suit, just come to the meetings in your overall and work boots" Wonder if anyone ever tested it latter, hmmm

Have marital problems - meetings will heal them

Unemployed? - go to the meetings, miracle might happen

can't pay my bills - go to the meetings (just don't talk to us about your financial problems it is sign of lack of faith)

Have problems finding husband or wife go to meetings. If can't find anyone there still go to the meetings

My car is broken down - go to the meetings

but I can't - go to the meetings

gee didn't know that everything is that simple, why do people even attend all those medical schools and universities if we can sort out everything by meeting attendance

• Shania
    Shania

Hated this word from self-rightous sisters: Wrong-doing (is this a word?)

There must of been Wrong-doing that is why we have to hear this talk. (dumb word)

• Shania
    Shania

CY, I knew some one who dared show up at meeting in his work clothes, he had to because he got out of work late and his wife and children were there without a ride home---so he came in during the second half. Well guess who got counseled to bring proper clothes to work and change before you come here. The funny thing is that this guy wasn't a brother (just worldly husband) but no exceptions to the rule---dress right or get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all from a loving sheperd who was not married, lived with mommy, and no job, pioneered.....................but he will counsel this hard working worldly father who cares about his family to come into a hall where he is looked down on to pick-up his family? There are so many wrongs done to people I don't know why anybody would still be in that building.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

TYPE & ANTI-TYPE: Still not sure what the heck Freddy was talking about.

APPRECIATE - witnesses don't like, we APPRECIATE

IS IT NOT?: This is certainly a fine day for service, IS IT NOT?

Also, why can't we say LUCKY? - We use every pagan name for days and months, but can't say the word LUCK?

Who told us that we can't klink glasses?: We use every pagan, demonic wedding ritual but don't throw rice, give toasts or klink glasses.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Evil slave class... used to creep me out.

Coffee

• heatherg
    heatherg

regular pioneer.

Made me think that you had to have lots of BM's to be of this status! hg

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

"Head of Household" "Submissive wife" 'Loving organization" 'Worldly people" .......................ah they all make me wanna hurl still and its been 10 years

• Country Girl
    Country Girl
    "weaker vessel"... you can't, you're the weaker vessel, let a "brother" do it

<pulls out hair>

Do I look like a vase?

CG

• Preston
    Preston

Mother - Way they often referred to the the society in my congregation, often in a Norman Bates-esque sort of way. Example: "We wouldn't want to displease Mother now, would we"

Glean - Ughhhh, both Harleyquinn and I absolutely DESPISE this word, it goes straight to #1 into the book of top hated JW words of all-time. Example: "What did we glean from our glorious feast of spiritual enlightenment today at the Watchtower study? (raises middle finger)"

- Preston

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    We use every pagan, demonic wedding ritual but don't throw rice, give toasts or klink glasses.

Rice costs money. So does alcohol. Rather than spending money on these frivilous, demonic practices, would it not be better used in furthering kingdom interests?

Ok, I'm off to throw up now.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit