Your Most DREADED Dub Word

by GetBusyLiving 134 Replies latest social current

• lilbit
    lilbit
    "Mother's Room" Where's the father's room? What do they in in THAT room

They sit and talk while their children play.. It was always my excuse not to have to sit through the meetings that I was helping the new moms so they could listen

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Do more.

As the Nazarites did, of course.

Anything antitypical always annoyed me. "Antitypical Jerusalem" = "Apostate Christendom" - that annoyed me too

Also, "the Greater" as in "Jehovah is the Greater Abraham, Moses, Ezekiel, etc". (although for all I know, Jesus could be the Greater Ezekiel).

I remember one exceedingly tedious Watchtower which explained that in the "New System" that as Jesus would be our heavenly father, Jehovah would be our "Heavenly Grandfather"

They also described Jesus as (I think) a "heavenly Field Marshall".

Others that annoy and horrify me include "happifying", "behooves", the deadpan misuse of the word privilege as in "I had the privilege of cleaning the toilets in the KH"; "stumble", "youths" and most of all "the Truth"

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

'Foregleam'

'This spirtual paridise we enjoy is a FOREGLEAM of the promised new system of things.'

GBL

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

"Good News of the Spirit" - My idea of good news of the spirit means that someone just bought me a shot of good single malt scotch.

"Dungy Idols"- I always hated that one.

"Demonized"-Please.

"Young Ones"-Isn't that a British sitcom from the '80's?

"Jehovah"-Let's face it..it's not a pleasant word to say in public. Kind of like "vagina", or "colostomy bag".

• evita
    evita

"Jehovah God" Dear Jehovah God, How are you? I am fine. "Lowly ones, Humble brothers, Meek and Mild ones" etc..... Jehovah forbid you should ever feel GOOD about yourself or get too "Puffed up with Pride" "Sheeplike ones" BAAAAAAAAAA "Theocratic" This was just bizarre. OK I have to lie down again, I can only take so much of this.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Gilead....

Is that like Sir Galahad?

At Gilead School do they teach you how to sword fight dragons? Cause that would be cool!!!

• upside/down
    upside/down
    "Young Ones"-Isn't that a British sitcom from the '80's

You are the first person since high-school I've ever heard refer to that show. I even had people tell me I was imagining such a show, whenever I tried to describe it.

I loved the wiry punk dude, he was always getting blown up.

u/d

• upside/down
    upside/down

What about emissions... Leviticus YUCK!

My car has "emissions", therefore it must be unclean... and all who touch it remain uclean too.

u/d (of the unclean class)

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I had a seminal emission last night :)

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

a unclean one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit