Does anyone Love Jehovah anymore?

by defd 88 Replies latest jw friends

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

What I'm noticing in overwhelming amounts is defd apparently counting time as he forgets that you're supposed to at least pretend to listen and be interested in what your householder has to say.

"NI" on your school slip and you'll have to repeat it later. Sorry.

• heathen
    heathen

I think defd caught on to the fact he isn't going to win any "convincing" arguments around here . Like a typical dubby he would rather condemn us for knowing the facts but to him we all are just lying children of the devil . ohhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooo my head is doing a 360 and I'm spitting up pea soup ............. ( just like the exorcist ) BTW anybody see the new exorcist movie ?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Yes.... it sucked.

• heathen
    heathen

We started the MVP plan at hollywood video so I will probly rent it out anyway. I thought passion of the christ was going to totally suck but managed to make it through OK . I'm not raving about it tho .

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Good girl Jez!

• Serenity Now
    Serenity Now

Jez says: My take on it now:

"Jehovah" is a man-made invention. He no longer exists for me because he was inextricably connected to the JehovahsWitnesses...."

Wow! This really strikes me. I'm a Christian now but the word "Jehovah" to me is a dirty word. For me, it represents the god of the Jehovah's Witness, who is a sick sadist just waiting for people to mess up so he can slap them down.

I tend to avoid the name "Jehovah" at all costs because of the emotional baggage tied to it.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Jez and Serenity Now both sum it up beautifully.

If Jehovah of the Watchtower is what God is, then I loathe the creature!

As an extension to that - if even half of those that reckon they are going to live in the "New System" are going to be there, then I would not want to be.

• Jez
    Jez

I was thinking more about this thread this weekend and I wanted to say that to me the word "Jehovah" is THEIR God. "Jehovah" is a condensed word used by the JWs to represent all of their teachings, beliefs, rules and demands. Even by uttering that word, I am allowing unsaid, but understood, connections to the JWs to crawl out and worm themselves around my brain.

When the churches/people use the word "God", it means so much more to me personally because it has more of a generic quality about it that allows for some individualism in how you perceive God. I am not being forced to be specific in my perception of who God is to ME. The group-think mentality loses some of it's grip over me if I just say "God".

Yup, there it is. Jez

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

defd:

I must disagree. Jesus did use Gods name in may instances. It is recorded for us in the bible, you just have to really study it. One particular verse amoung many stands out in my mind. In John the 17 chapter Jesus prayed to his loving Father Jehovah and said, "I have mande you NAME known and will continue to make it known." What name was it that he made known? Psalms 83:18 reads So that people may know that you whos NAME is Jehovah you alone are the most high over all the earth

That is not true at all. No form of the Divine Name appears anywhere in the New Testament, except in the New World "Translation" where the Greek word "Kyrios" (meaning "Lord") is arbitrarily and inconsistently mistranslated as "Jehovah". And even in that woeful exegesis, the only times Jesus uses the name is when he is directly quoting from the Old Testament. In John 17 Jesus calls God "Father" repeatedly, never "Lord", "YHWH", or "Jehovah". Quoting Psalm 83:18 is a non sequitur. One has nothing to do with the other. If Jesus ever used the name Jehovah, whoever wrote the Gospels chose to delete all record of it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The name Jehovah is an embarasment to the claim that He is God alone with no contempary God's and an embarasment to the claim that all the other Gods that people worship are false non existing Gods. If that were true then why does God even have a name??? Surely these non existing Gods,,would not even think trying to usurp his Godship. And if these other gods are nothing then why would Jehovah put to death thier worshippers,, he sounds pretty unsure of himself if he has to threaten people who worship other Gods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit