Does anyone Love Jehovah anymore?

by defd 88 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:So are you saying that the disater was caused by God?

No.. I'm not saying that at all. I AM saying that the God YOU believe in could have done something if he wanted to. Im not even saying that God exists at all.

If there is a God I think he is nothing like the Bible God, doesn't have human emotions and isnt a homicidal maniac. I allow myself to be open to the idea of a creator, but I have no idea what the hell he's thinking and I don't worry to try to figure it out.

GBL

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Bad moments stand out more just don't let it get in the way of good!

Brooke I'm not saying that I focus on negative things, I just don't believe in the Bible God is all. If you do thats cool . Im a very optomistic person.

GBL

• prophecor
    prophecor

Never had a problem with Jehovah or Christ Jesus. They're not the problem, it's the people in the organization. The unbending, unyielding vying for control of everything in your life to the point of being thought police. No room for growth, movement, and don't look into the past misguidings of the organization.

You're encouraged to pull up all the dirt on the relgious institutions that you came from, but are regarded as a heretic if you seek out pertinent information on the history of the WTBTS. That position is dogmatic and hypocritical.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

at a circuit assembly while df the bro who was the chairman of my jc had an item about disciplining children..he said that when a child has done something wrong its not enough for them to say they are sorry and that they wont do it again..they have to be punished too in order to impress upon them the seriousness of what they had done....fair enough so far...he then had it demonstrated:-

little boy on stage with mother who finds out he hasnt done his homework and has lied about it...says hes sorry but mother says..ok but no playstation for a week..this is agony for the child but not unreasonable..at the end of the week he gets the playstation back and he gives his mother and father a big hug

now lets say that aswell as taking away his playstation away they also said he had to stay in his room for a week...bit more severe but not nessercarily life threatening

now lets say that they locked him up for 18 months...no friends no family no school no playstation sleeps alone eats alone no conversation and after a while it no longer serves as discipline..this is now cruelty..his frustration turns into anger as he shouts down to his parents i am sorry i am why wont you believe me how can i prove it locked up in this room..and he kicks the door ...so his parents say well for that you get another 6 months....eventually he loses hope his spirit crushed and as such becomes depressed disillusioned unstable and physically and mentally ill.....his parents unlock the door and as he drags himself out of the room they hold their arms out wide for him to come to them and he says...

you have got to be joking....sure he may well do everything that is expected of him for as long as he has to remain under their roof..but it sure aint out of love anymore

well thats what j did to me....not directly maybe but since he isnt doing anything directly to anyone then all we have to gauge j love for us is how his spirit directed org deals with us and they kept telling me this is what j wants for you

i will never love him again

• defd
    defd

but I have no idea what the hell he's thinking and I don't worry to try to figure it out.

GBL

If you want to know what Hes thinking Just read His word. He actually wrote that for us! To get to know him and too draw close to Him. His word says at James 4:8 Draw close to God and He will DRAW CLOSE TO YOU.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    loving God by obeying his commandments as set forth through the bible. And yes through Hid organization. Same as in times past. Through God people isreal He gave instructions. Through a channel.

Gina and I started a thread a few months back about this. There have been several examples in the Bible where people that obeyed God's organization were punished by him for doing it. The example of God's Word seems to be that the organization exists to support his worship, but if it manages to apostacize, his people need to discern that and be willing to choose obedience to God over obedience to an organization claiming to represent him. Many here have chosen to leave the Watchtower precisely because they love God. Here it is: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/83217/1.ashx

• under74
    under74

I understood what GBL meant. I have the same perspective. You can be positive and love life but you don't need to believe in the bible (or even God) in order to do it.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

: If you want to know what Hes thinking Just read His word.

defd, you arent hearing anything im saying buddy. If you have faith in the Bible and that works for you thats cool, I don't.

GBL

• defd
    defd

If "Jehovah of Armies" was the god Jesus wanted us to relate to it seems he would have used the name at least a few times in his preaching. But instead he spoke of a "loving father", no name

I must disagree. Jesus did use Gods name in may instances. It is recorded for us in the bible, you just have to really study it. One particular verse amoung many stands out in my mind. In John the 17 chapter Jesus prayed to his loving Father Jehovah and said, "I have mande you NAME known and will continue to make it known." What name was it that he made known? Psalms 83:18 reads So that people may know that you whos NAME is Jehovah you alone are the most high over all the earth

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Why is it that everyone blames God?

This just a statement....When I watch the News and I see a sad Story a heart breaking story. I am sad, emotional, and heart broken. Is that bad Feelings? Did God give me those feelings? I know it wasn't the Devil!

I don't go Blame someone. That's Selfish one way heartless thinking. I feel horrible and is there is something I can do to help I am there and all for it. If there is someone I can point fingers at I don't bother or waste my time.

Scenario: If you saw a Child hit and killed by a Car...Do you Run to the Driver and Kill him? Do you run to the Driver and Scold him? Well that's what you are doing now!

I don't understand why Moments like these happen. I learn from it. It's not fair! I am just not going to sit on my ass like a pansy blaming God! If you blame God then blame him for your life....blame him for being born.... blame him for falling in love...... blame him for having a wonderful day...... blame him for having the gift of having a child.... blame him for finding your mate.... blame him for everything not just Bad! Go ahead don't be one sided!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit