Does anyone Love Jehovah anymore?

by defd 88 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

A single almighty god is just a concept, the same as in a polytheist belief systems. If that is what wakes you up in the morning and puts a smile on your face and persuades you to be a better person then so be it. For those who have stepped out of any holy book's teachings and looked at the history of religions and the human race, they have a whole other picture of what it all means and how it has effected people throughout history.

It all depends on how far you want to take the search for the truth about religion and it's gods or human nature and it's need to believe in a god or gods. If you only limit you search within the pages of the holy books you will find what you are looking for and find a certain comfort within. If you take your search farther in an effort to better see the full context of it all, you may not find what you desire. Absolute truth is not subject to only belief based limitations and unending interpretation of it, but opens the door to examen such things as science and secular humanism.

Not believing in the gods of the holy books does not leave you with a warm fuzzy felling or a belief that there is someone watching over us all. It just puts it all into a clearer perspective and helps those who try to understand humanity and are not afraid of absolute historical truth about the various gods and their believers. It shifts any security or insecurity about humanity and this planet into the hands of humans themselves. Religions have to take that concept of security within yourself away and place in their own various hands. Of course they all say their hands are guided by some god so you can imagine that warm fuzzy feeling of religious security by the way of belief and faith. Depending on what part of the world you were born dictates what religion and which god you attribute those warm fuzzies to and exercise that belief and faith according to your specific religions interpretation of their proprietary holy book.

There are those on this board who do many good things in the name of their god. To them I say good for you, keep it up. It doesn't matter who you attribute your kindness to, just as long as you do it. It also doesn't mean that those who do not believe in a god of the many holy books are not capable of the same level of kindness to their fellow man. They just do it on their own personal accord and not in the name of their cultural anthropology.

Dave

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome to the board yelloeteady! Nice to meet you.

GBL

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

It is clear to me that many people on here love Jahweh & Christ Jesus. As for his organisation, CT Russell was right in my view, when he wrote in the Watchtower:

?We belong to no earthly organization?we adhere only to that heavenly organization ?whose names are written in heaven? (Heb

?What think you?...suppose?all man made creeds and forms ?and names were laid aside, or that all Christians met in the One name of Christ, and in earnest simplicity, studied HIS words under the direction of God?s Spirit and the explanations furnished in the Apostles? writings, would there be long and serious differences, even of opinion?... And so, by whatsoever names men may call us, it matters not to us; we acknowledge none other name than ?the only name given under heaven and among men? ? Jesus Christ. We call ourselves simply CHRISTIANS and we raise no fence to separate from us any who believe in the foundation stone of our building mentioned by Paul: ?that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures?; and those for whom this is not broad enough have no right to the name Christian.?

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly
    Loving God means OBEYING his commands!!!!!! Are we doing that?

I know, and that's the creepy part! Seriously Def'd, you realize that 'obeying' God in the Bible mean't slaughtering innocent men women and children by the thousands! The Canaanites were attacked because of some promise (unknown to them) made to Abraham. The slaughter of a society because of a promise for Real Estate?? Any reasonable thinking being has to question why they would obey such a sadistic being.

God allows suffering for a reason. The bible clearly tells us why.

God doesn't merely "allow" suffering, he CAUSES of a great deal of it too. Consider, (if you believe the story) he caused the death of Adam and Eve after decieving them, saying they would die "in the day" of their eating the fruit. Well they did not die as Satan correctly alleged. Further they received knowlege that was hidden from them, just as Satan said too. Thirdly, God denied them access to the "Tree of Life" and drove them out of the Garden Causing their eventual deaths hundreds of years later (Gen 3:22)

God caused the murder of innocent men women and children of Heshbon when he caused the King to resist when he "made him obstinate and stubborn so that he might deliver him over to you" Du 2:30 and then encouraged his murderous soldiers to kill, "including even the women and children; we left no survivors." Du 2:34 If God was a person we'd have him tried for war crimes!

Additionally God caused the suffering that exists today because (according to the WT) God wanted to settle an "issue of universal Sovereignty". And, although this issue is not even mentioned in scripture, and he refuses to interact with people, God intends to cause suffering on a massive scale (Billions) when he slaughters people for not figuring out this hidden issue from among the wild and tenous assumptions made by a group of false doomsayers.

Do you want to love someone like this?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Not all are ex-JWs for people reasons, some have found Jahweh & Jesus Christ. Some now know that the New Testament is for all Christian believers:

1 John 2 27 ?But the anointing which you have received of Him abides in you, and you need not that any man teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in Him.?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl
    Most Witnesses would say "But you could just go out and do bad, pray to God, and then it's over

That is not true. Witness faithful witness of Jehovah do not think or believe that. His organization does not teach or beleive

You soooo took my posts out of context, which is not unusual for the likes of an apologetic.

What I was saying is that MOST Witnesses would say, in reply to you being BORN AGAIN ""But you could just go out and do bad, pray to God, and then it's over", when in all actuality that is NOT what it means.

Please quote me in the proper context when you quote me next. It is MY understanding, from being RAISED a JW, that born agains think that they can just accept the Lord as their savior, and then be forgiven immediately when they go out and do something bad. That is not quite the case, as the Lord knows the true heart.

Yes, one may CLAIM to be born again, but by not trying to do better, or not trying to glorify the Lord, continuously, in their behavior, then they become just "has beens." When you are totally committed to Christ, your actions will reflect that.

CG

• Honesty
    Honesty
    That is not true. Witness faithful witness of Jehovah do not think or believe that. His organization does not teach or beleive that either. You have got it backwards. The religions of this world think that way.

How deluded you are. I bet you have been a dub (Jehovah's Witness) all your life and the only things you know about other religions are the lies you get told by the WTBTS.

By the way, why do JW's have 2 gods instead of one? The bible says at 1 Corinthians 8:6 "To us there is one God." but the JW's believe Jehovah is God and that Jeus is a god too. So, what gives with this?

• Valis
    Valis
    What have they done?

absolutely nothing that's what! Not now, not in any other point of history can it be proved there was divine intervention anywhere anytime...zip zilch nada nada nada...

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Well I guess I don't. I do love baseball and hockey, family, walks with the dog and good work.

That's it, that's the list.

• Purza
    Purza
    sure he may well do everything that is expected of him for as long as he has to remain under their roof..but it sure aint out of love anymore

I thought tijkmo's illustration was right on point. The JW religion has crushed my belief in god. I don't even know if he exists any more and frankly, I do not care.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit