Does anyone Love Jehovah anymore?

by defd 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Does anyone Love Jehovah anymore?

That's between "Jehovah" and me, and NOYDB.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

There are so many great comments on this thread that I can't even cut and paste them all.

My take on it is: I love God, I've accepted Jesus as my personal savior (witnesses hate to hear that, don't they?!?) don't need no "oranization" to tell me what to do because I do know right from wrong and I won't tolereate imperfect people judging me anymore.

As for the Bible being God's inspired word ... I doubt it very seriously! Some portions perhaps ... I don't dwell on it and I don't read it anymore. I learn about God from the world around me and find God's wisdom comes from all types of sources, people and organizations.

Religion divides, Love unites - Love God, Love yourself and Love your neighbor and try to make the world a better place by your being here.

I don't know what God's plan is but I suspect we'll all find out one day. Until then, I am happy in my personal relationship with God. Even as a witness I used to say 'my relationship with Jehovah is my own'. It wasn't until I really took that statement to heart that I was able to break free from that dogmatic society.

Where are all my 'loving' friends now? They won't speak to me ... that's not the love Jesus preached about.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Jehovah? What is Jehovah? Only one of many anthropomorphic deities of ancient desert tribes. A carnal concept of a patriarchal man-god who expresses the worst of human behavior and psychosis.

How, oh how for gods sake can we continue to blindly accredit such a moronic idea for being our Creator and the Fount for such a wondrous and beautiful universe!? To love, worship and admire such a repugnant little smudge seems quite the insult to our true Source and Sustenance.

I appreciate and applaud the desire in us to honor and celebrate That, from which all existence flows; but perhaps it's time we washed ourselves of diminutive concepts of God, looked beyond our once cherished flaccid god of war, and offered our attention to the reality of Life in this moment.

j

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    We all know what 1John4:8 reads. Loving God means OBEYING his commands!!!!!! Are we doing that?

NOPE!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    God allows suffering for a reason.The bible clearly tells us why. Has anyone ever shared that with you?

I was a JW for 20 years, *I* shared their view with many people. But I don't agree with it now. It's like a parent that allows their child to cut off their hand with a chainsaw, then says, "Now they know not to do that! And my other children that saw it happen will think twice before they do it." It isn't that there is no explanation, it's just that the explanation isn't satisfying.

God lets bad things happen to prove the point that man can't rule himself. He's omnipotent, the ultimate law-giver, he can condemn people to death for eating the forbidden fruit, he can kill people for lying about a real estate transaction, but when it comes to saving children from pedophiles or warning people to get out of the path of a tsunami, his hands are tied because he 'got a point to make about rulership'. I just don't buy that. If that's what allows you to believe and you're happy with it, go for it. I'm not trying to change your mind. But that's why I can't accept it.

Dave

• Country Girl
    Country Girl
    don't know what God's plan is but I suspect we'll all find out one day. Until then, I am happy in my personal relationship with God. Even as a witness I used to say 'my relationship with Jehovah is my own'. It wasn't until I really took that statement to heart that I was able to break free from that dogmatic society

My Jw Mother used to tell me "How can you become saved one day, and then do badness the next, and then rely on your salvation?" That kind of stumped me for awhile. But I was only 19, and really didn't have regular critical thinking skills <what raised up JW does?>.

When I became a Christian, and this was hard for me to understand for a long while, I became God's child, and everything I did was forgiven. Most Witnesses would say "But you could just go out and do bad, pray to God, and then it's over." No, it's not. Yes, I have his perfect salvation and grace, but when I became born again, TRULY born again <will explain later> I realized that because of my commitment to Jesus, that I would have to try to become a better person, on a constant journey. That's the difference. INTENT. I would have to make a commitment to try to remake myself and undo all my bad legacies and qualities, understand them, and fight them. This became very important to me. I have tried to honestly review all my human flaws and try to correct them with Biblical counsel, pastoral counsel, whatever it takes. It's the heart's intent that he looks for. If you are TRULY born again, then you begin a journey of self-and spritual realization.

That's just my own take on it. Your mileage may vary.

CG

• doogie
    doogie

JamesThomas-

but perhaps it's time we washed ourselves of diminutive concepts of God, looked beyond our once cherished flaccid god of war,

i always enjoy the way you put things.

• defd
    defd

Most Witnesses would say "But you could just go out and do bad, pray to God, and then it's over

That is not true. Witness faithful witness of Jehovah do not think or believe that. His organization does not teach or beleive that either. You have got it backwards. The religions of this world think that way.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I find it morbily facinating to hear people talk in DubSpeak. Am I the only one? Continue dfed, please, I'm all ears!!

*makes popcorn*

GBL

• yelloeteady
    yelloeteady

I still love Jehovah because he has answered my prayer several times. Even though I have lost faith in the Watchtower, I still will try my best to obey the rules in the bible. I just wont read or ditribute publications thats been written and printed by bunch of liars and false prophets ( WTBTS lies regarding UN scandal and made alot of predictions that never came true). Can you imagine i been baptized for over 20 years and there was alot of pain and emotional stress with the organization during these times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit