Does anyone Love Jehovah anymore?

by defd 88 Replies latest jw friends

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I personally left an organization not God and Jesus. God's load is light, his kindness is undeserved and his love is great. Once I separated a relationship with him from dedication to a manmade organization he became so much more real and so much more loving... I became so much more tolerant, accepting and approachable, which are qualities Jesus had that so many JWs do not. It's much easier for me to love God and appreciate Jesus's sacrifice now that I truly feel worthy of benefitting from it.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I believe the words of 1 John 2:26-29 apply to all, not just those who were baptised before Joseph Rutherford closed the New Covenant in 1935 due to heaven being 'sold out'

BTW, Why did Jesus Christ think it was so important for us to be born again?

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    Once I separated a relationship with him from dedication to a manmade organization he became so much more real and so much more loving... I became so much more tolerant, accepting and approachable, which are qualities Jesus had that so many JWs do not. It's much easier for me to love God and appreciate Jesus's sacrifice now that I truly feel worthy of benefitting from it

very well put. I feel the same way, and I've never felt more blessed by Him now than ever before. 'tolerant, accepting, and approachable' because I'm now less judgemental of how I think people should be.

• love11
    love11

For me, once I was dsf and found out how the jw's really were it was like finding out that Santa isn't real at 18 years old. Now I feel that if there is a God/Goddess out there, than how can any human really know it's name or it's likes and dislikes? I think we're all just making it up as we go along. I think people create a god/goddess because they think that they cannot take control of their own life and to send their pain, guilt, worries, whatever out of themselves. If there is a Jehovah god than I don't agree with his viewpoints. I think it's cruel to kill others just because those people decide to call god by a different name. My kids can call me mom, (my first name), Mrs. ____, or mommy. And I would never kill them. If I, as a human being, have that much common sense than I expect my God/Goddess to have more sense than that. I guess I'm more of the sceptic these days, thanks to the watch tower.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

defd,

Does anyone Love Jehovah anymore?

That question is literally like asking me why I don't love the tooth fairy anymore. Check your premises.

SNG

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

The question should be... Does Jehovah loves anyone?

Reading the book of Job again made me feel that God basically made a wager with Satan, that makes us pawns in a game of Universal Risk...and I don't appreciate that.
    >

>

>

None of us asked to be born in this sad, imperfect world, and grow up to be told how unworthy we are, when none of it was ever our fault.
    >

>

>

And don't anybody give me any of that 'broken mold' bullshit. That's just a cop-out.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

So DEFD... Do you count your return visits by the hit, by the number of replies or by the actual number of individuals who reply? Things that make ya go hmm...

Last I knew JWs went out in service to share the good news with others and not to have it shared with them in return. So I guess, if nothing else, you are benefiting from this site by being preached to. Hope something eventually sinks in so you too can move on to loving God and Jesus as opposed to being a slave of men.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    None of us asked to be born in this sad, imperfect world, and grow up to be told how unworthy we are, when none of it was ever our fault.

I, personally, am glad to be alive. I love life and I am very appreciative of what God has given me. I do not believe we would be here if it had not been for the love of our Creator.

While I know there is sadness in this world there is also so much that is good and so much that gives me confidence that God loves us and will make it right for each and every one of us who loves him back.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I know people have left for PEOPLE issues but what about Jehovah God and Jesus? What have they done?

What has the WTBTS got to do with Jehovah and Jesus?

J

• heathen
    heathen

Defd-- I think the real problem with the WTBTS is that they are hypocrites . They may say that they df people for wrongdoing so that doesn't mean people are allowed to do things contrary to their teachings but in the end it's a matter of how well you cover your trail and brown nose . They have a bad habit of straining out the gnat and gulping down the camel and it's really causing alot people alot of misery as you can easily find on this site .

Honesty --- To my knowledge the WTBTS does not believe jesus is a second God . They argue that saying a god is not the same as God .I do believe that jesus is called mighty God in Isaiah 9:6 so referring to him as God is not sacralidge . True the apostles went to great legnths in trying to exsplain that jesus was not the same God as jehovah . Jesus did say you must love jehovah your God with all heart mind and soul without mentioning himself other than being the only mediator .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit