Does anyone Love Jehovah anymore?

by defd 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole
    I know people have left for PEOPLE issues but what about Jehovah God and Jesus? What have they done?

They've done Nothing. Ever. That's what. I'm with DeutscheExJZeuge there ;-).
    The only difference between Santa and Jehoovar is that the former got less religious marketing as a real entity. Marketing and product quality are two diffrent things though.
    Pole of the 'religion is all business metaphor' class

• hopetofade
    hopetofade

Definitely love Jehovah. I live in a beautiful area with lots of trees, plants, wildlife. I really think He made all that for us. I don't love the way the organization portays him. They make fun of other religions for the way they portray God. The God I worship wouldn't kill billions of innocent people, children included. I just don't think it's gonna happen that way. And if it does, I guess I'll be one of those destroyed cuz I woulnd't be all too happy walking around a bunch of dead bodies.

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

i think if your getting your ass kicked as for instance job , you do question god ,but if after your life is better you are grateful , not everyone gets a reward or finds that peace again , why does god want help someone with a triviality like one months rent, then on the other hand ignore the pleas of someone who does not want be harmed , starve to death , raped etc.... i can feel love for jesus because he is kind he died for me i loved him before i was a jw and i still love him now, the "footsteps in the sand" poem always reminds me he loves me even if everyone else hates me.

• zulukai
    zulukai

In all my many years out of the Borg I have often wondered about that story where Jesus rebuked someone for saying they believed in God...."You believe in God do you?...The demons believe and shudder." This is how I view the name Jehovah now because it's tied up with so many negative experiences and braindead ignorance. I still can't admit to anyone that I used to be a witness, can't even use the name Jehovah's witnesses either. It sickens me. I do believe in a creator, I revel in the great beauty of this planet. I know life can be beautiful too. But at the same time I wonder until my mind aches why people have to endure such unspeakable suffering and for what? Just don't get it anymore. And just how long does it take to prove the so-called issue of "universal sovreignty"....how many countless billions of people have lived and died in the two thousand years since Christ appeared on earth? What's it all about anyway....NO BODY KNOWS. I feel shaken to the core even after all these years out to see the evidence of the folly of religion, of making predictions and waiting for the grand finale of this world on the say-so of fanatics and religious fruitcakes and here we still sit none the wiser about anything the Bible fortold. I still beleive in God but I don't get why we have to suffer like this. I used to feel so sure of all that I was taught once upon a time, now I don't know what to believe.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Love him if we obey HIS commandments. Ok. I can go for that. So what are HIS commandments for salvation.

He said to him: "‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ (Matthew 22:37-39)

Ok, I dont see "submit to the future Governing Body in New York" in that list. I don't see listen to Russell as the Fathful and Wise Servant. I don't see, spend 10 hours a month at least distrubuting printed material.

Maybe its be cause even my New World Translation doesn't have the following books?

(Russell 6:1,2) 1

He said to him: "I am come to do the will of him that has sent me, Pharoah.’ 2 If you know what's good for you you'll study the Great Stone Witness and start counting those steps 'cause there's a message to be learned there, trust me .

(The Second book of Rants by Judge Rutherford 3:4,8) 4 And I shall send a Judge in the land and he shall live in the land of the hot sun in a house where princes shall dwell, er, maybe. He shall reign until he finishes the 25th in the series of study books.’ ...8 He shall call religion a "Snare and a Racket" while he guides the people to the true end of the Gospel age, 1925.. or 1948 or thereabouts unless he dies first from cancer. Amen and amen.

(1 Knorr 2:1-5) 1"Thou shalt use the color green on the walls and bible covers. Further thou shalt join the Theocratic Misery School and repeatedly give the same talks again and again and again and again. Amen. None shall depart from the way unless given a form to fill out in triplicate and the record shall be kept in a sealed envelope in a drawer where any moron can get to it. Amen"

Jehovah, yes. Corporate Christianity? No.

W.Once

• Soledad
    Soledad

Nope. He never did anything for me so why should I ??

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

(Russell 6:1,2) He said to him: "I am come to do the will of him that has sent me, Pharoah.’ 2 If you know what's good for you you'll study the Great Stone Witness and start counting those steps 'cause there's a message to be learned there, trust me.

(The Second book of Rants by Judge Rutherford 3:4,8) 4 And I shall send a Judge in the land and he shall live in the land of the hot sun in a ; house where princes shall dwell, er, maybe. He shall reign until he finishes the 25th in the series of study books.’ ...8 ;He shall call religion "Snare and a Racket" while he guides the people to the true end of the Gospel age, 1925.. or 1948 or thereabouts unless he dies first from cancer.Amen and amen.

(1 Knorr 2:1-5)1"Thou shalt use the color green on the walls and bible covers. Further thou shalt join the Theocratic Misery School and repeatedly give the same talks again and again and again and again. Amen. None shall depart from the way unless given a form to fill out in triplicate and the record shall be kept in a sealed envelope in a drawer where any moron can get to it. Amen"

Wasanelder Once, i LOVED that analogy... and its sooo true.

• zagor
  • free2beme
    free2beme

I have love for life and the energy that we all exist in. I do not believe in Jehovah and do not worship the God of War anymore. I turned from the Christian faith when my spiritual eyes found their vision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit