What Was Your Greatest "Privilege" In The Organization?

by minimus 126 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was at that assembly and took this picture:

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Poor sisters----having to wear dresses in the winter!

My sister lives in Belgium where the winters are not nearly as cold as over here in the Adirondacks of upstate NY. Well, apparently, 'dress pants' are allowed for women in her KH when the temp goes below a certain point. Here, I remember going to the KH in a dress when it was 20 below zero.

• Undecided
    Undecided

From PO on down. Gave parts at circuit assemblies, headed departments at assemblies, pioneered, helped form a congregation. Congregation book study conductor, WT study conductor, ministry school servant, accounts servant, literature servant, territory servant, and some I have forgotten. It is so good to be away from it all.

Ken P.

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

I spent an entire afternoon at the district assembly putting toilet paper in the bathrooms....I was so proud of myself...i was also bored and kept falling asleep...that gave me a good excuse to walk around and check out all the cute young brothers.

There was this one particular brother who is still a good friend of mine...he would always come to the assembly around noon time just before lunch and say "where's all my ho's"

• Mac
    Mac

Privilege of leaving!!!

mac, that door can't even bump my ass class

• Pwned
    Pwned

reading for the bookstudy, the 5 minute service school talks and thats about it, oh yeah and mics.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

As a "sister" and having a non-believing father, privileges were pretty scarce. I did pioneer for 4 years and gave a talk at a circuit assembly once. I was also the KH pianist for many years, something I really treasured. One day a high-profile, rich elder & family moved in. His daughter played piano, so I was immediately replaced. After that I would be invited to play piano for the odd wedding or funeral.

• minimus
    minimus

Ken, I don't know whether this board appreciates all the experience that you've had and lessons you can impar. I'm glad you're on the board!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I fed the members of the GB. Do I get a Bozo button?

Garybuss, I almost fell out of my chair, that's funny!

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• minimus
    minimus

You ate with "holy ones"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit