What Was Your Greatest "Privilege" In The Organization?

by minimus 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I was a full time salesman...errm, I meant Pioneer for 2 years. Belonged to the chain gang...I meant volunteer construction worker for 10 years. I was an Elder flunky...I meant Ministerial Servant for 6 and got to do one 45 minute long sales pitch...I meant sunday talk. That was until I got tired of the WT's lies...I meant got fed up with their bullshit!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

oopsy

• Dustin
    Dustin

A couple of demonstrations at assemblies, roving microphones, and reading at Book Study, oh and conducting the meeting for field service.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I once cleaned a whole section of seat bases at the astrodome on my hands and knees with a toothbrush... I was so dang proud. Nuts and bolts had not looked so shiny since. (for assembly)

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Although women have a subservient "role" in the congregations, I can say that I was glad to be female. I would have HATED doing the crap that men had to do to get anywhere in the congregation. Way to much bureaucracy for me.

As the spawn of an Elder, I did however get suckered into alot of public performances. I was in a drama one year at a District Convention. I played a BAAAAD girl, who tried to lead astray a fine upstanding JW youth. (If only...) I did alot of small Assembly stuff too, experiences and the like. I hated doing them, but I can remember feeling very prideful over the pats on the back Id get from it. I'd do anything to make people proud of me and like me. Too bad they couldnt just like me for who I was, but that's a different thread....

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I was in the TMS. I gave a few talks. Mainly, that was the extent of my 'privileges.'

My family also gave the congregation an apartment to use for a book study. It was basically brand new, but it didn't have it's own washroom (which was why no one lived in it). How the elders wives bitched about that one, of course when my parents could hear. I always felt like saying, "Well, if you f*(kers don't like it, go somewhere else."

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Being called on to answer.....I had answers before that made the WT Reader and conductor sutter....Wow I was mean and just said it like it is....LOL My answers made the Elders look bad.

Brooke

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    My greatest privilege was getting out although i suspect that wasnt the answer you were looking for...

LMAO@ Diamondblue!

I would have to agree, but in reality I was a teribble witness, my only chores priviliges were being an unbaptized publisher...cleaning the hall .....WOW!....I know...I know....and doing those ridiculous ministry school householder role plays.

Dragonlady76

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Thank you DL for reminding me: I was an unbaptized publisher too.

• minimus
    minimus

Why do JWs usually put a "d" in privileges??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit