What Was Your Greatest "Privilege" In The Organization?

by minimus 126 Replies latest jw friends

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

When our congregation was formed I came up with the name to reflect our locale. My husband suggested it at the decision making meeting and it was chosen. No one knew though. lol

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

As a "sister", getting to see inside the men's bathroom once a month when our book study had the supreme privilege of cleaning the hall! HAHA And yes, men are pigs!

• nugget
    nugget

I was a woman it was my privelege to watch the men with privileges.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Great thread from the past. I checked and did not post so this is not a repeat.

My greatest "privileges" were I once gave one of the prayers, I think for the bread, at the memorial and I also gave a personal experience at a district assembly. In this experience I was able to include a eulogy for my mother. Not sure if that is what they wanted, but they got it.

In regards to the comment from Safe at Home, I also cleaned bathrooms, while I agree that men are pigs, I also found the women's restroom quite disgusting.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

So true NewYork, I cant understand people (women) who can leave so much pee on the seat and walk away so the next person has to deal with it! Just sit your fat butt down and get it in the toilet!

• Tech49
    Tech49

I'll play.

I have mentioned most of this before, but I will put it all in one spot:

ME: ALL of the little stuff (microphones, sound booth, school, etc), plus MS for 8 years or so, Elder for 10. School overseer, Secretary, WT Conductor, Book Study Overseer (Book Study in our home for 10+ years), FS Group Overseer, Accounts, Circuit Assembly Parts, RBC (probably 20 years, projects in US and Canada, worked up to Department Overseer), Outgoing Speaker, Memorial Speaker...

I think thats about it. Probably more that I have forgotten.

My greatest privilege? Waking up, Stopping to smell the roses and realizing that it was all for other people. Now I can spend time raising my family, enjoying my kids, and being the husband I never had the time to be.

Jack Harper, Tech49

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I did a 5 min bible reading at a circuit assembly.

It's odd because I don't remember feeling nervous but I don’t remember even one second of the experience almost like I blacked out for it or something.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

had the book study in my home for over a year, yet was never allowed to say the prayer. Huh?

• jam
    jam

Talks in the District and Circuit assemblies.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Regular pioneering for two years. Oh, and cleaning an already clean Kingdom Hall on our assigned week.

I really thought I could handle a microphone better than some brothers and I was definitely a much better reader than several. Too bad I was a female. Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit