What Was Your Greatest "Privilege" In The Organization?

by minimus 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Carrying a radio and wearing a couloured vest as conventions, doing a student part at an assembly, having the CO stay, hiding out in 'big wigs room' at the conventions (pretending to be one of their attendants, really just slacking), doing likewise at assemblies as a student earbigwig (like it was cool, the sarcastic remarks toward the speaker were real fun - highly competitive guys these bigwigs)

Actually, I knew I was on my way out of the JW's in an attendants trailer at a DC where we were all slacking off drinking coffee and gossiping. I was listening to this guy talk and thinking he was just stringing together all the JW cliches he could think of in no particular order with no particular meaning or substance, just fine sounding words of waffle to sound like he was with the program, but with no heart in it at all... he was chair of the blood commiittee... then one of the wives (a smart, smart lady who shouldn't be a JW) turned to me and said, 'this sounds like one of your talks...'!

I was mortified (but put on a brave face) coz i thought I was getting away with it... that was my last DC and my last meeting was only weeks away. I was busted... I think I slinked away from the trailer (after a decent interval to not be too obvious) back to my seat (for about the first time in the DC on day 3) with my wife.

I looked around the audience for the final prayer - the first time I ever did that in my holy-of-holy mindset - and couldn't believe how many people were doing likewise. At the same DC I got my assistant attendant fired for slacking off. We were at a remote location and they sent a bus to take him away... fuck.... what a wanker I was...

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I was a Pioneer for a few years and a Ministerial Servant.

I read the Watchtower quite often and had parts on the Service Meeting.

Once the Elders all had to go to a special meeting and I was scheduled to conduct the Watchtower study. I jokingly said that I would gather a few other Ministerial Servants form a Judicial Committee disfellowship the Elders and take over the congregation. The Elders did not think that was funny so they left one Elder to conduct that Watchtower study.

What I really feel priviledged about was that many in the congregation would approach me with questions because they thought I knew the Bible and the Organization better then the Elders.

The Elders did not like that one bit.

• TonyT
    TonyT

Now I don't want people to think I consider myself better then them and in the spirit of humility I should keep this to myself but I did, at one time, have the privlege of handling the mikes.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

One day when I was "serving shoulder to shoulder" with my "brothers" at Brooklyn Bethel I had the privilege of riding in an elevator all alone with Henschel. I tried to think of something profound and spiritual to say. He simply looked at me and said, "Are you gonna watch the game?" "Uh, yeah probably," was my reply. What a 'privilege,' it was like having a private audience with the JW pope.

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

Oh yes, I've had a privilage of elder trying to take my wife, and he was privilaged that I never did same to him, how's that for an answer?

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

Which makes me think, maybe I should take that privilage after all. What do you think?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Oh yes, I've had a privilage of elder trying to take my wife, and he was privilaged that I never did same to him, how's that for an answer

A good number of the elder's wives I knew when I was in weren't worth taking a second look at. It would hardly seem like a "privilige" to take any one of them.

• minimus
    minimus

In the 1970's I had dinner with a Governing Body member in a pioneer's trailer. I forget his name but he was a tired, sleepy mumbler.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

I can't say. It would be too much info, that would be a definite indentifying mark and then I will be on the DF list for sure!

Not that that's a terrible thing, but I ain't just ready for it yet!

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

>> n the 1970's I had dinner with a Governing Body member in a pioneer's trailer. I forget his name but he was a tired, sleepy mumbler.

doesn't that describe them all :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit