What Was Your Greatest "Privilege" In The Organization?

by minimus 126 Replies latest jw friends

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

*** w96 4/15 pp. 28-29 Questions From Readers ***

One case that involved apostolic authority to forgive or retain sins involved Ananias and Sapphira, who played false to the spirit. Peter, who heard Jesus utter what we read at John 20:22, 23, exposed Ananias and Sapphira. Peter first addressed Ananias, who died on the spot. When Sapphira later came in and kept up the falsehood, Peter proclaimed her judgment. Peter did not forgive her sin but said: "Look! The feet of those who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out." She too died on the spot.?Acts 5:1-11.

• minimus
    minimus

I remember who I had dinner with. It was Grant Suiter. I remember being disappointed that it wasn't Knorr or Franz.

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

Pioneering(hated), Bethel(fired), TMS talks, Service Parts, Public talk, Book Study Conductor, Sound/mic, Accounts, Territory, etc

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

in my case I was a circuit asembly speaker - never gave a district convention talk though I would have liked to

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

LEAVING.

P

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Bookroom attendant...

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Regular Pioneer.

DY

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

GIVING THEM ALL MY MONEY

This is true,at one point (mid 1980's) a actually had a beat up van converted to a working man's camper would park it on the streets and sleep in it at night.

I would wash up with witch hazel didn't burn my skin as bad as rubbing alcohol.This was to save rent money so i could donate a + $1,000.00 a month to the world wide work.

I reasoned that 'Jesus had no place to lay his head' that our bros in 3rd world countries were desitute.

I had to work because i needed the group health insurance in case my ulcerative colitis flared up.Otherwise i would have pioneered and washed windows.

$60 K plus a year job in heavy construction.{skill trades that Jehover would want in the coming watchtower paradise}

I didn't have time to socialize good thing i did not as a found out later i was the laughing stock of the congregation,the dum geek who lives in a beat up van and is a nerd and too dum to have fun.

Warning to cult leaders,it cuts both ways anybody who is willing to make this kind of dedication and sacrifice will become a mighty warrior against you when betrayed.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I was a MS and was in a Drama once in a minor role. I also helped during drama moving the props.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I was allowed to vacuum and clean up the executive lounge at a District Assembly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit