What Was Your Greatest "Privilege" In The Organization?

by minimus 126 Replies latest jw friends

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    My biggest thrill was holding brother Knorrs drawers with his # "33" stamped on them, dare I look inside?

Holy shit! (literally)

• logansrun
    logansrun

Seriously, though...

I was an MS from 18 to 24, reg. pioneer from 19-24. Gave public talks (I have five outlines still in my possession) both home and away, conducted a book study for about 3 years, had so many CA and DC parts I've lost count, told I'm going to be the "next elder" a billion times...I was a heavy in the making. Then I found out about radiocarbon dating and chucked the whole damn thing.

Oops. My bad.

Bradley

• minimus
    minimus

I too had every type of privilege known to a male. Even "made it" to PO. As a kid, I was in EVERY convention and assembly part---from 12 to 18.......What a waste of time and energy! It was worth nothing!!!

• franklin J
    franklin J

Min-you were a PO?

I never knew....."Minimus" ....the Presiding Overseer. Has a certain "symetry" do it; dont you think?

....Frank sitting smugly in his office thinking of all those wasted hours going door to door peddling those inane , vacuous magazines......and going door to door with the tall circuit overseer Brother St**rt ( the one with the VERY "petite" wife) who would later go on to Minimus congregation to be circuit overseer.... It was 1 degree of separation back then from my world to Minimus...

• minimus
    minimus

Your right, Frank. And he and his wife LOVED me! They instituted the "donation program" (for them) before the Society ever even thought about it. $$$$$ $$$$

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes, they were good at "taking", were they not?

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

being allowed to leave

• minimus
    minimus

I wouldn't buy him that beautiful CASHmere coat that he wanted at the mall, either.

• tata
    tata
    When I was in bethel, Milton Henschel lived in the room right above me. I could smell the holy spirit seeping throught the ceiling into my room.

LOL

But i believed that holy spirit with the GB it was so wonderful and special.

Anyway, my "greatest privilege", was been a pioneer for six year.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I wouldn't buy him that beautiful CASHmere coat that he wanted at the mall, either

it must have been a very LONG coat of cashmere; that guy was about 6' 6 " as I remember. And his wife was all of 48" tall; a real "Linda Hunt" look alike. What a pair .

Good. I am glad you did not buy it for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit