What Was Your Greatest "Privilege" In The Organization?

by minimus 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Imagine that!

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• minimus
    minimus

Did you feel different, strange???

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Well I had lots of "privileges" and for many many years, but there's a lot of regret/anger as I reflect on them now:

Reading through the above posts, I'm struck with how many of you, who the Organization would have termed "rank and file" Witnesses saw through the whole thing and left....and I'm also struck with how I *didn't* see "it" (for a long long time)........perhaps somewhat blinded by the very "privileges" I had.....

My hat is off (so to speak)to those of you who left early-on in your Witness life.

Yet another interesting question, Min.

---Dan

• minimus
    minimus

Dannyboy, I do believe that "privileges" are given to keep us captive. Secretly, we all enjoy being made to feel important. Even so-called "humble ones" get off on having parts and demos at meetings and assemblies. The Watchtower has been conning us for years!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Min,

I am strange.

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

You're strange because of your brother. It's ok.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Removed double posting

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Which Brother?

Dismembered

• minimus
  • dannyboy
    dannyboy

Min,

I do believe that "privileges" are given to keep us captive. Secretly, we all enjoy being made to feel important. Even so-called "humble ones" get off on having parts and demos at meetings and assemblies. The Watchtower has been conning us for years!

Well said. That very thought has crossed my mind.

I guess what I was trying to say is that, because I "enjoyed" certain "privileges" I saw lots and lots of stuff (behind the scenes so to speak) that should have made me question things way before I actually did.

---Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit