The brainwashing around the "Schiavo" case...

by Brummie 138 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

No, problem Mac. What kills me is her face LIGHTS up when she sees her Mom. >>>>damn

• Brummie
    Brummie
    she is just trapped in her own body. I'm pretty sure you've seen the footage and heard sound bites of her trying to communicate with her family. It really looks like she's trying her best

See this is the issue, we havent discovered a way to communicate with her, this in no way calls for the death sentence, how horrid! We can try harder to learn how to communicate, surely. She would have learned her own way of obsering life and enjoying it to the best of her ability, the fact that she is responding to her environment shows she is alive and functioning in a different way that we.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Isn't it a crime to starve an animal to death? How, then, can they justify starving a person to death?

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Once again I ask, can anyone tell me how this poor woman who is incapacitated and bedridden for fifteen years not be in pain ? I believe she has been in pain from the time her body started to react to the extreme non-activity, probably about two weeks into her ordeal. Are there any professionals reading this that can enlighten me?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    i do feel its not something the federal government should be deciding.

Right on. The party that for decades railed against big, intrusive federal government, has now become the party of big, intrusive federal government. The irony.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Skip Navigation HealthLink Medical College of Wisconsin Search Articles: search tips Home Features Articles Columnists Topics Doctors Clinics Appointments Please Take the HealthLink Survey Email this article Print this article Find related articles: By topic: Mental Health By keywords: Receive HealthLink via email! Subscribe now >> Brain Cells Found to Regenerate Medical science has always presumed that brain cells killed by physical trauma, stroke or other disease cannot regenerate. Victims of such brain injuries faced no hope of growing new cells to fulfill the function of dead cells, leaving their brains permanently impaired. However, a landmark study in late 1998 by researchers from Sweden and the Salk Institute in La Jolla, Calif., showed for the first time that brain cells in mature humans can regenerate. The research was reported in the November issue of Nature Medicine. Brain cell regeneration had been observed before in some lower mammals, but not in humans, monkeys or apes. More complex brains, it was thought, would be severely disrupted by new cell growth. Working with terminal cancer patients ranging in age from 50s to 70s, researchers used a diagnostic agent that labels actively dividing cells. After the patients died, their brains were examined for the presence of the agent, which attaches itself to the DNA of new cells. New cells were found. Though few in number, the new cells formed in an important part of the brain, the hippocampus, which is involved in learning and memory. The discovery raises hopes for even victims of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. And it is possible that new cell growth is substantially greater in younger, healthy adults. Another issue to be resolved is whether the new brain cells will form networks, said Dennis Maiman, MD, professor of neurosurgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin who practices at Froedtert Hospital. For example, could the new brain cells establish networks through the scar tissue that forms following a stroke? And can other parts of the brain regenerate cells, too? "I think this is very valuable research," Dr. Maiman said. "This is a huge piece of information. The discovery opens the door for the possibilities of future therapies for those who have experienced brain injuries." One day, the mechanism to regenerate cells may be understood so that the brain can be directed to repair itself with new cells whenever and wherever it suffers trauma. Article Created: 1999-05-10 Article Updated: 2001-01-17 MCW Health News presents up-to-date information on patient care and medical research by the physicians of the Medical College of Wisconsin. Home | About HealthLink | Medical College of Wisconsin | ClinicLink | Clinical Trials Contact Information | Site Map | Disclaimer | Privacy | Copyright Notice © 2003 Medical College of Wisconsin

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Sheila,

If your post was in response to my question, I was referring to the extreme non-activity of her body, not her brain.

Paul

• Valis
    Valis

I was watching CNN and this doctor said most of her brain has turned into something akin to gelatin and it is the part of her brain that controls motor functions that is left. If that really is the case then there is no hope of regeneration of brain cells or any other miracle that would bring her back into the world of the living. Sad really she cannot just slip gently away and not have all the political whores and fundamentalist freaks using her to bolster their agends.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Sad really she cannot just slip gently away and not have all the political whores and fundamentalist freaks using her to bolster their agends.

amen brother

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Starving her to death is not letting her slip away. If she truly were in a PVS her chances for survial at 15 years is 1 in 75,000. This leads one to believe either she is the ONE or she is not in a PVS, since Doctor's do not agree on this issue. Since the fact of cell regenertaing is a new thougth HOW THE FUCK are they so damn sure. There is a big difference is she was on the cusp of death, she wasn't until they took the tube out. A TUBE her husband demanded be inserted in the first place. Mac PM'd me said he is out of posts and asked me to please post this for him. Christopher Reeves was our hero.. Superman till his last breath.. His physical capabilities were limited to little more than his ability to form words... What if his mouth had been muted?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit