A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• EvilForce
  • OldSoul
    OldSoul

(w97 3/15 p. 29 Ehud?A Man of Faith and Courage)

Schizm: If you prefer to think otherwise, you're free to believe as you wish.

What you wrote is in direct contradiction to the "current understanding" provided by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Good on ya', mate!

If you really prefer to believe what you wrote, then welcome to the fold brother! That means you no longer are fettered by the WTS stand on Ehud. You are learning to distinguish for yourself! I may not agree with you but I can live with that. Now, on at least one issue, you sharply disagree with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and no lightning bolt ended your life. It is a small first step, but with time you may heal completely!

Everyone please join me in giving a big round of applause for Schizm learning to think outside the WTS box!!!

OldSoul

• sf
    sf

Schizm,

. I'd even tell you how it is that I know that except that he himself, if he were to read this thread, would know who "Schizm" actually is if I gave out the necessary details.

Well, that is why there is a PM feature here. You do not need to "give out, to the public, any info". Just PM the claimed proof doll.

Now, I've actually talked to Timmy, and he has assured me otherwise. So, someone is lying. And, when you put the address that is provided on the whois search hit for watchmans site, you can then enter that into globalxplorer.com and see exactly where it's located. Looks like the boondocks to me. That same address turns up in google under some cleaning company too.

sKally

• Schizm
    Schizm

deleted

• Schizm
    Schizm

sKally,

Now, I've actually talked to Timmy, and he has assured me otherwise. So, someone is lying.

Actually, no one is lying. I'll explain.

Earlier, I had said:

You may rest assured that it is "You Know" that operates the e-watchman site. I happen to know that for a fact. I'd even tell you how it is that I know that except that he himself, if he were to read this thread, would know who "Schizm" actually is if I gave out the necessary details.

Perhaps I used the wrong word. You Know (aka Watchman) is for sure the administrator of the site, although it's registered in Tim Kline's name. You Know definitely has oversight of the site. By far the majority, if not all, of the essays that appear there are written by him. After he stopped posting here at JWD he set up a discussion forum of his own, but then after a very short while he decided to make do with just a "guestbook". Then, lo and behold, the guestbook began to encounter such heavy traffic that he decided to provide a forum for those who were using it. Apparently, that's when Tim came into the picture. You Know is likely financing the site, and Tim has it in his name and takes care of the technical details.

There's more yet that I could say so as to affirm that Watchman is indeed You Know, but that's all I care to say right now.

PS> Tim Kline (aka Morloc) is the owner and administrator of the Pathway's forum.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    (w97 3/15 p. 29 Ehud?A Man of Faith and Courage)
    Schizm: If you prefer to think otherwise, you're free to believe as you wish.

What you wrote is in direct contradiction to the "current understanding" provided by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Good on ya', mate!

Your tendency, OldSoul, is to make a great BIG mountain out of a little bitty mole hill. The variance here between my understanding and the way it's explained in the publications isn't something to get extremely excited about. Yes it would be nice if everyone saw eye to eye on every little thing there is in the Bible, but that don't even happen amongst the Governing Body during their closed-door meetings.

If you really prefer to believe what you wrote, then welcome to the fold brother!

No thanks, I believe I'll pass that offer up. If you want to know what I really think, I believe the "fold" you refer to even takes in the likes of You Know, and I'm not the least bit interested in having a share with his crowd.

That means you no longer are fettered by the WTS stand on Ehud. You are learning to distinguish for yourself!

Oh come on, gimme a break! I myself don't consider it like some news worthy prison break, so why should you. "Fettered"? That's ridiculous!

I may not agree with you but I can live with that. Now, on at least one issue, you sharply disagree with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and no lightning bolt ended your life. It is a small first step, but with time you may heal completely!

So you think I need to "heal" do you? ROFLMAO!!! That's really hilarious!

Everyone please join me in giving a big round of applause for Schizm learning to think outside the WTS box!!!

OldSoul

Did you notice the response? The silence was almost deafening. I don't think anyone agreed with you, OldSoul. Reckon it might be due to your tendency to blow things out of proportion? .
  • OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Schizm: Reckon it might be due to your tendency to blow things out of proportion?

No. I reckon it's 'cause they have the good sense to know when someone is being tongue-in-cheek.

"Fettered" isn't a stretch. The WTS has often applied the scripture regarding "bringing every thought into captivity" (2 Corinthians 10:5, 6) to mean learning to see things the way they teach them. That they want you fettered in your thinking is not in question.

*** w01 8/1 p. 14 Make Your Advancement Manifest *** 8 First, since "oneness" is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave." By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided "at the proper time"--through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions--we can be sure that we maintain "oneness" with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge.--Matthew 24:45.

Merriam-Webster says:

Main Entry: 2 fetter
    Function: transitive verb
    1 : to put fetters on : SHACKLE
    2 : to restrain from motion, action, or progress
    synonym see HAMPER

Their words, champ. Not mine. Why don't you write them a letter and ask them if it is okay with them for you to "harbor private ideas" about Ehud?

OldSoul

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Why don't you write them a letter and ask them if it is okay with them for you to "harbor private ideas" about Ehud?

OldSoul

For your information, I've freely written to the Writers in Brooklyn on more than one occasion regarding matters which I felt were in need of adjustment. I have yet to be told that I shouldn't be sharing my diverse opinions with the Writers of the publications. So, once again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Here's something I said in another thread that you might enjoy chewing on. Just as I figured, there was nobody who had the nerve to contend with what I said:

Just a thought from tonight's bible reading that kinda hit in a funny way. In all my years I've never heard this scripture used like this. Here it is:

*** Rbi8 1 Samuel 21:12-13 *** 12 And David began to take these words to his heart, and he became very much afraid on account of A'chish the king of Gath. 13 So he disguised his sanity under their eyes and began acting insane in their hand and kept making cross marks on the doors of the gate and let his saliva run down upon his beard.

What the speaker, an Elder, said is that David used deception and seemingly dishonesty to protect himself knowing what God's purpose was for him. Likewise today we may be forced to be deceptive, dishonest or even lie when engaged in spiritual warfare to protect God's name and his organization....Jula71.

Thank you, Jula, for reporting here what you'd heard at the meeting. As has been mentioned by others in this thread, there are several examples that can be cited in the Bible wherein this sort of strategy was resorted to in order to "protect" peoples interests or welfare.

I'm absolutely positive that every single person who posts here would use the same sort of strategy if ever they were to be faced with certain circumstances. For example: What if some stranger suddenly barged into your home one evening, and with a deadly weapon in hand demanded to know where your wife is? Would you tell this potential rapist exactly what he wanted to know? Like: "Well, she's in the utility room putting clothes on to wash." Or, would you give him misleading information? Like: "I have no wife." Or maybe: "She's not here at the moment."

Since each and every one of you here would elect to give false information regarding the whereabouts of your wife, do you consider that to be a condemnable type of lie? Of course you don't! http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/88936/1.ashx

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    What the speaker, an Elder, said is that David used deception and seemingly dishonesty to protect himself knowing what God's purpose was for him. Likewise today we may be forced to be deceptive, dishonest or even lie when engaged in spiritual warfare to protect God's name and his organization....Jula71.

Hmm. What the speaker said. Okay, an elder giving a talk that I was present at said that sitting a Bible on the floor was a gross disrespect for the Scriptures. Is he right? How do you know? An elder said the WTS ("Watch Tower Society" according to the letter I received) registered with the UN as an NGO. Is he right? How do you know?

I have one finger for the old "elder said" schtick. In the case of David, he obviously used deceit but it was not to protect God's name or his organization. It was to protect himself from physical harm.

The goal driving those who lie about the nature of the UN/DPI relationship is protecting themselves from exposure as spiritual adulterers.

OldSoul

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    The variance here between my understanding and the way it's explained in the publications isn't something to get extremely excited about.

Sure it is, Schizm. You've admitted apostasy by not only having secret differences of opinion from that printed by your mommy, but even going further in running ahead of the organization by publicizing your dissent to others in the Society and here for the world to see.

You are a hypocrite, bud.

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit