A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• gumby
    gumby

Poor little schizm. The poor little guy has no group to turn to and follow and let lead him because he knows it's faulty......yet he just can't let go. It's sad to see him just like a little baby that's gotten too big to carry around his security blanket anymore but he's afraid to abanddon it. Maybe he can become one of JWD's prophets and start predicting things since he's only one step away from that point now.

He already knows how to steal as he proved stealing this thread.

He also knows how to get attention he so badly needs as he's proved here.

I think Schizm would make a fine religious leader myself.

Gumby

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    For a fact I do know the real reason for the WTS having become an NGO, but you're not one who can appreciate such a reason, and that's why I choose to not inform you of what that reason was.

LMAO!!!!!!!! That is the funniest thing I have read on the board in ages. Thanks for the good times.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Now I know this is a religion of hate.

This is such a powerful statement, GenericMan. Hateful and Blind...

He also knows how to get attention he so badly needs as he's proved here.

I've been duped! hahahahaha Ah, well. The joke is on me... I'm afraid I was not aware of the reputation...

Jeannie

• gumby
    gumby

Lisa.....like I said..."he's about one step away from being a JWD prophet". When an entire board is set on edge by his presence and caught up in disbelief by his nonsense'' ......you know the poster has a beer short of a sixpack. Every coo coo on this board gets attention and that's why he's here.

The joke is on me... I'm afraid I was not aware of the reputation...

Jeannie

No need to feel duped Jeanibeaner.......all it takes is to follow ANY of his threads or posts to see he cannot get along with others. He argues till he drops as that's his mentality.

Gumby

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    It doesn't allow people who engage in filthy or immoral practices to be part of the Congregation unless they're willing to stop such practices.

This is just so sick and so wrong. It allows plenty of child abusers to get off scott free due to the two witness rule. These molesters are then free to go about the congregation picking out their next victim. The original victim can't even warn anyone else because if they do that they will be disfellowshipped. Since there are thousands of documented cases all over the world, this not an isolated occurrence.

This warlike god of yours is evil. Men make gods in their own image.

Sherry

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Men make gods in their own image.

I disagree. The gods are usually much worse.

Walter

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Schizm: You're completely full of BS, you know that? The WTS's "association" with the UN was done for strategic reasons alone. The WTS didn't "hang with" the UN organization. It was nothing more than "theocratic warfare," waged for a purpose that I won't disclose to you. Your claim that the WTS has compromised it neutral policy is a bunch of hooey!

Ahhh... okay, so for "strategic reasons" why could no Jehovah's Witness sign a form renouncing their faith under Hitler's regime? If they didn't mean it, it should have been fine, right? Who is really full of it Schizm? Think carefully before answering...

What "strategy" was involved in a ten year long relationship with the UN/DPI? Please explain your theory fully ... <cricket> ... <cricket> Just like the WTS, you have no clear, open, CANDID explanation (see "Candor" and "proof of Bible authenticity). You have even less of an explanation, because yours is simply guesswork, i.e. pure unadulterated conjecture.

OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Schizm,

I asked you a direct question. You seem to be in a position to know the answer. Please answer it clearly for everyone reading this thread.

"Now, teach me on this point if I am wrong: If I joined the UN/DPI wouldn't I be voluntarily joining myself to an organization that has purposes contrary to God's will and that is under judgment by God?"

Does the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society have different rules of conduct for itself than those the Governing Body imposes on Jehovah's Witnesses? Why, for instance, can I not choose to wage my own personal "spiritual warfare" campaigns that include agreeing to things directly contrary to the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses?

See, the Bible specifically talks about those who would impose heavy burdens of conduct on others and exempt themselves from those burdens. Do you know who referred to such a situation? That would be Jesus. Since he clearly identified the Pharisees as those who would do such things and since there is no First Century indication of double-standards for the organization, I have no choice but to conclude that those who impose more stringent codes of conduct on others than they themselves are willing to adhere to must be Pharisaical. God would not use such an organization, just as he was not using such an arrangement in Jesus' day. According to the Bible, his spirit would flee from such an organization.

Those presuming to teach others differently than they themselves believe would mark themselves hypocrites in their doing, combatants against truth, and deceivers. Such ones could only lead people to one eventuality. Such ones would mark themselves as blind guides, shutting up the kingdom of the heavens from before men.

I ask again, "If I joined the UN/DPI wouldn't I be voluntarily joining myself to an organization that has purposes contrary to God's will and that is under judgment by God?" In other words, is there any scriptural basis for this concept of an organization engaging in "spiritual warfare" that would include suspending accountability to God's Word while the organization adopts a status contrary to both God's Word and its own teachings?

It is fine if you prefer not to answer...I understand your hesitation. My question is direct and uncomfortable, I am sure. It asks for basis in Scripture for your view and you have none.

OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

:And, as I've already said: It was nothing more than "theocratic warfare," waged for a purpose that I won't disclose to you.

What a disgusting JW liar. Try telling a judicial commitee that you joined the YMCA because you are conducting top secret "theocratic warfare" and see how far that gets your dumb ass.

GBL

Schism: You're not comparing apples to apples, "dumb ass".

Let's examine your hypothesis:

Association with the YMCA requires money. Is that what makes membership apostasy? No. According to Question From Readers discussing the appropriateness of such a relationship, it is the voluntary implication of acceptance of the purposes and objectives of the YMCA that makes it apostasy. No money would need be involved. So let's rule out that as a standard.

The YMCA is not a religion. It is not a "religious" organization in the strict sense, although it is certainly supported primarily by religions and has many religious objectives. Is this what makes membership apostasy? Again, the fact that the organization has religious objectives does not in itself make membership apostasy?it is actually the implication of support for those objectives that makes membership the equivalent of apostasy and an act of disassociation.

Now, let's compare to the orange...or is it the apple?

Association with the UN/DPI does not require money. As we have seen, that is an unimportant factor.

The UN is considered to be a government, however no purely voluntary relationship with any government is acceptable for any of Jehovah's Witnesses. Worldwide, many relationships that are required by law are unacceptable simply by reason of the unacceptable obligations imposed through criteria for the relationship.

What is left? The apples are right next to the apples. The same factor that makes YMCA membership apostate is the factor that makes UN/DPI membership/association/partnering/affiliation an act of apostasy. Implication of support for the objectives and principles of an organization under judgement by God.

In a legal and moral sense the terms member, associate, partner, and affiliate mean nearly the same thing. In fact, the similarity between terms is so close that they are frequently used interchangably to describe relationships between entities. In the case of the UN/DPI, there is not even an implication to concern ourselves with. There is a definitely expressed requirement to support the objectives and principles of the UN and the Charter of the UN. This requirement has been present as a condition of affiliation with the UN/DPI since 1968, it is not new.

This being the case, the principle making membership with the YMCA an act of apostasy is the identical principle that makes application to become an Affiliated NGO associated to the UN/DPI an act of apostasy. (James 4:4) I say the application is the act in question because that is what marks the desire. At least, that is how the June 1, 1991 Watchtower article, "Their Refuge?A Lie!" applied the counsel to Christendom. Was that counsel merely more "spiritual warfare" that should be ignored? The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society became an organization accredited to the UN when they accepted and used credentials provided by the UN/DPI, thereby proving acceptance of the terms of such association.

OldSoul

• Schizm
    Schizm
    You're completely full of BS, you know that? The WTS's "association" with the UN was done for strategic reasons alone. The WTS didn't "hang with" the UN organization. It was nothing more than "theocratic warfare," waged for a purpose that I won't disclose to you. Your claim that the WTS has compromised it neutral policy is a bunch of hooey!--Schizm.

Ahhh... okay, so for "strategic reasons" why could no Jehovah's Witness sign a form renouncing their faith under Hitler's regime? If they didn't mean it, it should have been fine, right? Who is really full of it Schizm? Think carefully before answering...--OldSoul.

No faithful Christian would ever go so far as to renounce their faith for the sake of making life more tolerable for themselves. Even as true worshipers of Bible times wouldn't bow to the demands of men (note Daniel 3) neither will Jehovah's Witnesses. The WTS having strategically become an NGO for the specific reason they did is not a comparable situation, since they didn't renounce their faith in the process. The fact is, they actually made their faith more evident by doing what they did (in becoming an NGO).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit