DA Letter

by Sassy 92 Replies latest members private

• Sassy
    Sassy

thanks Flynghigh and Stilla...

sheesh.. weekend is over.. back to work..:(

• Jez
    Jez

Great job Sassy, you know that commercial, "Don't let them see you sweat". ??? Don't let her know you are uncomfortable, be brave and proud. SHE should be ashamed. I bet it was a real shocker to find out that JW'es are not the only ones that have Rights. Self-righteous pompous asses, do you really want this type of a person as your friend anyways, f**k her, you can do better.

Jez

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Way to go Sassy.

Just remember....documentation. I bet she didn't see HR getting involved. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that office. That is the arrogance of the JW mindset.

((((Sassy))))

Heatmiser

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Sassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good girl. Going to HR - sorta turned the tables on this gals' plans to undo you.

Now - it is _she_ that is in the 'hot seat'.

I know you weren't trying to do that on purpose - but now she may know what it feels like to have to 'sweat' a little, and walk on egg-shells.

********** H U G S **********

Jim TX

• Sassy
    Sassy

Its funny.. I havent' checked my old cell phone for messages, but happened to start using it again, and just today saw I had a message so I went in to see what was there..

I had two messages from my co worker last month.. the first one two days after HR talked to her (note it was a Saturday.. not on company time)..

the first one said this:

hey, it's me. I was hoping this was your cell phone and that we could actually talk but I see it is just a voice mail message so since I can't say all I wanted to say, I will just leave this one message. I would have never ever done anything that would have ever jeapardized your job or placed your livelyhood in jeapardy. I think it was a real chicken thing to do. all you had to do was come to me and tell me you didn't appreciate me talking about those kinds of things at work.. and you know I would have stopped, I would have backed off. In fact I had told you that I didn't have anything more to say after that one thing that I added.

What you did was totally uncalled for, it was the cowards way out. I can kind of see what kind of level we are going to have to deal with each other. I would never have thought you were capable of such a thing, but it just goes to show how much you have changed in the past year..we'll probably be talking to HR on this, if not gone away. I've added me own statement of what happened and asked to relocate.

The second message was the following day. She must have thought about her mistake in leaving that first messaeg, for she said she didn't mean to leave a message upset... basically she was trying to lighten up the message I think, in case I brought the first one to HR.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Too funny... She meddles in your personal affairs at work and then she asks to be relocated because she can't handle the fact that you told her to back off. Priceless!

How sill does she look to HR wanting to be relocated because she can't deal with working beside someone who is no longer in her religion.

• Sassy
    Sassy

yeah.. I can only imagine what she said as she asked to relocate..

I am quite sure however they won't let that happen.. my boss needs her.. she has a special skill set that would be difficult to replace..

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

How funny that she called that "chicken" of you! What you did was EXTREMELY brave and showed that you value yourself.

Rock on, chicky!

Nina

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thanks Nina.. I think it did take a lot of guts to do what I did..

I wonder if that means they didn't run to the elders then??? as if this action I did was my 'chickening way out' of having to talk to them??

• Scully
    Scully

((( Sassy )))

First, let me say how awful I feel that your JW co-worker pulled this crap on you. Nobody deserves to be harassed in the workplace.

I had to laugh at the message she left for you:

hey, it's me. I was hoping this was your cell phone and that we could actually talk but I see it is just a voice mail message so since I can't say all I wanted to say, I will just leave this one message. I would have never ever done anything that would have ever jeapardized your job or placed your livelyhood in jeapardy.

So she's conducting herself inappropriately, unethically, unprofessionally and illegally, yet somehow she's able to rationalize that it's YOU jeopardizing her job and livelihood?? Give me a break!!

I think it was a real chicken thing to do. all you had to do was come to me and tell me you didn't appreciate me talking about those kinds of things at work.. and you know I would have stopped, I would have backed off. In fact I had told you that I didn't have anything more to say after that one thing that I added.
    I bet it was her elder hubby that gave her the idea that you were a "chicken". I mean... HOW DARE YOU use HR laws to prevent workplace harassment to get her to keep her nose out of your personal affairs. Again... Give me a break!! The Watchtower Society or JWs would NEVER use the laws of the land for their own advantage, now would they??? And if you had simply just done as she suggest "come to me and tell me you didn't appreciate talking about those kinds of things at work" she would have taken it as a clear signal to go ahead and talk to the PO.
    What you did was totally uncalled for, it was the cowards way out. I can kind of see what kind of level we are going to have to deal with each other. I would never have thought you were capable of such a thing, but it just goes to show how much you have changed in the past year..we'll probably be talking to HR on this, if not gone away. I've added me own statement of what happened and asked to relocate.

No, actually, what SHE did in bringing private personal business into the workplace was "totally uncalled for". And the fact that she had some influence in helping you get the job you have put her in a position of power (you also mentioned that she is more or less your supervisor) and by bringing this private personal business to the workplace, SHE was indirectly threatening your job and your livelihood. So yes, she WOULD stoop to the level she's accusing you of. That's precisely why HR laws exist - to prevent the kinds of situations that you're now faced with. You know that if you DAd or got DFd that she would expect YOU to terminate your employment. So you turned the tables on her, the law is on your side, and circumvented her ability to control and manipulate you. She is probably steaming mad about that.... and that's just too damn bad!

I would definitely let HR hear the voice mail too, especially if it has a time/date stamp on the message. She's carried on harassing you about the HR issue outside of office hours AFTER THEY TOLD HER TO STOP, by calling you on your private number saying she wanted to "talk about it".

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit