DA Letter

by Sassy 92 Replies latest members private

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

She is a sole witness?
    She doesn't have a case - they'd have to convene an enquiry (usually two Elders coming round and asking "wassup?"), before a JC, and if you deny everything they can't do much except stakeout.

I'd be tempted to threaten her with legal action if she goes anywhere near the PO regarding you.

• Sassy
    Sassy

she just stopped by my desk and said regarding her ultimatum to me:

"Just one more thing and then I am done with it. I asked XXXX (her elder hubby), what is the time frame with when you call her PO to find out if she contacted them, a month? and he told me (her) it is generally two weeks. Just so you know what you are looking at"

and walked away..

so now my ultimatum has a deadline

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Just ignore it. Let her call the PO again. When he contacts you ignore them. Don't DA, that acknowleges them. Just do nothing.

Sorry for you trouble!

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Sassy)))

I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts today......

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

What a bully! REPORT HER!!! This is harassment in the workplace, religious discrimination, and just plain mean. Tell HER supervisor that she gave you a two-week deadline to make HER feel more comfortable about HER religious beliefs, which should not intrude in the workplace anyway.

Ooooo, this makes me so mad!

Nina

• franklin J
    franklin J

Sas,

This is so typical of these loving "christians".

I agree with Ninas post. Report her to the superiors in your workplace. This is harrassment.

Might I also suggest an alternate stratagy of fading?

Unbeknownst to her, start attending meetings somewhere. Make a big display of attending. Let her shoot her mouth off to a PO somewhere. Let her make a liar and busybudy of herself. Then tell the elders that her attempting to cooerce you is a stumbling situation and would they please have her stop; you are being stumbled in your big "comeback".

There is really no need for you to be honest with these elders about not wanting to be a JW. Who knows? You might win an Oscar for the acting!

This will allow you to save face with your family until you are ready to sort this situation out ON YOUR OWN TIME, and ON YOUR OWN TERMS.

Sometimes playing a little game like this can be fun.

Whatever you do, DO NOT let yourself be forced into making any decisions you do not want to do.

good luck, Frank

• Bryan
    Bryan

Sassy,

You have made a life for yourself, and it doesn't include the Watchtower Bible & Track Society Inc. You say you are already being shunned by your family. Try not to let it bother you (easier said than done, I know). Don't write any stinking letter. And for God's sake, report that woman!

You know she's sitting there thinking she's on some crusade her god has set her about on. You need to bring her down and show her that what she's doing is totally wrong! You don't need this tention in you office while you're working. It's effecting your performance and emotional well being.

Do not give others your power!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

As Nina says, this is workplace harrassment and religious intolerance.
    They wouldn't accept it if it were against a minority like someone black or Jewish, so why should they in regard to a pseudo-Christian group?

• Sassy
    Sassy

well I just came out of a meeting with HR. I do have grounds for religious harassment. She will be called into a meeting today and reprimanded as well as given specific direction on what will NOT be discussed, as well as the fact that she can not have the elders contact me here at the office or give out personal information from our company files of my new address and phone number.

What I don't get is the fact that if they talk to them, what can they say? I sent an email to a third party saying I was taking a break? I never said I quit and although I admitted I had a boyfriend, I never said one word about sex. That doesn't prove fornication.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

If she's the only winess, and at that it's speculation and heresay, there's not a lot they can do.
    They shouldn't convene a JC, without investigating it first, either by stakeout or discussion.

It's your word against hers, and of course they have to get hold of you to ask about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit