DA Letter

by Sassy 92 Replies latest members private

• Odrade
    Odrade

Is any of this going to affect your work environment? At this point I would be more concerned about that. The little religious cult is going to do just what they like regarding you, whether or not you play into their hands by writing a letter, talking to the elders or doing nothing. BUT, the co-worker, is she going to shun you at work? Will this be detrimental to your ability to do your work well and completely? Will it influence her reviews of you as employee?

You owe the JC/elders/JW coworker (even if she was a friend...) nothing. But as far as work goes, from this point on, document document document.

BTW, am I correct to understand that she had this little "talk" with you AT WORK? and under the guise of it concerning your work? Even if she did it during lunch hour, any communication with you regarding this personal religious matter, or any insinuation that it concerned your performance is a serious SERIOUS violation of ethics, and I'm sure higher-ups in your company would NOT be happy to hear about it.

O

• Sassy
    Sassy

I got an actual meeting invitation through our work email system that she sent from home when she was out sick.

-----Original Appointment-----

XXXX, XXXXXX

Sent:

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:59 PM

To: XXXX

, Juls

Subject:

Changes in 2005

When:

Friday, February 18, 2005 9:30 AM-10:00 AM (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana.

Where:

DC Action Conf Room x3114

I'm probably going to be home tomorrow nursing this cold for a second day, but I'll definitely be in on Friday. We need to talk about some significant challenges we'll be facing in the coming year. See if Darla can cover phones for us.

then when she was still sick Fri, she resceduled it to this morning first thing:

my gut was that this was about JW stuff.. not sure why .. but I just knew..

so I sent her a reply asking if this was something I should be worried about..

her reply was:

-----Original Message-----

Sent:

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 4:43 PM

To: XXXX

, Juls

Subject:

RE: Changes in 2005

Does no good to worry.

-----Original Message-----

, Juls

Sent:

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 4:40 PM

To:

xxx, xxxxx

Subject:

RE: Changes in 2005

Sure. Is this something I should be worried about?

I then replied that her reply did nothing to ease my apprehension.. to which I had no reply.. except this reschedule..

so yes.. it was all done on company time.. including the meeting which was held in our VP office since he is out of the office this week.

-----Original Appointment-----

Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:29 PM

To: XXXX, Juls

Subject: Updated: Changes in 2005

When: Monday, February 21, 2005 9:15 AM-9:30 AM (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana.

Where:

Looks like I'm going to be at home tomorrow as well. I'm flying into the snow week after next and I want to make sure I'm well. We'll have to do this next week. We can just step into Tom's Office since he'll be away.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Sassy what a b8tch if you dont mind me saying so.

They have to prove it with two witnesses that you are actually having sex with your b/f but then if you are cohabiting that won't be hard.

As bebe said below:

I wouldn't "honor" the society by writing a DA letter and playing by their rules.

When i read stuff like this and her thoughtless unchristian emails back to you it makes me livid!

Do what is right for you, but just know this - you are so much better and more worthy of any esteem than that woman is. How insidious! Does this woman resemble Jesus or the Serpent?

(((((sassy)))))

• Odrade
    Odrade

Sassy, I'm just shaking my head. You know, it really doesn't matter on a religious level. This woman's lack of business ethics is just a small glimpse at her total lack of regard for you as an individual, and her loyalty to an organization to the exclusion of everything else that should be important.

I'm sorry you're battling this... wish I could help.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

This would be comical if it weren't between actual humans beings and not fiction. You ARE going to get disfellowshiped for this, no way around that. DA'ing was good for me because I took control of the situation and let everyone in the hall know that I was leaving by choice, not getting booted out. Its up to you though.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Sassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this has to be happening.

I like Elsewhere's advice. If I were you - I would try to get a lawyer involved - if just to write a 'nice' letter. Once you use words like 'slander' and 'lawsuit', or 'litigation' (That one's good... it has more than three syllables) - then they may have a tendency to back waaaay off.

Be sure to 'copy' the b***h on it.

That way - you're covered legally.

But... I would be afraid that things at work could go wobbly.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Get a lawyer

Get a lawyer

Get a lawyer

Don't threaten to sue the WTS or even the local congregation. Too many "freedom of religion" issues that the court will not touch. You should have the lawyer name ONLY the woman who is giving you a hard time and the elders of the congregation regarding Slander charges (a civil matter as opposed to a criminal matter). Basically say that if you notice that people in the community have started to shun you or that you hear that you have been DFed or DAed, you will sue for defamation of character and slander. The WTS will not come to their defense because they are not the ones being sued and therefore it is not their problem - the WTS only looks after it's own interests and tossed the JWs to the wolves in cases like this.

Odds are the lawyer will only need to send a letter threatening to sue, meaning that this whole thing will not cost you much if anything at all.

The elders will call the Service Department and the Service Department will instruct them to leave you alone because the WTS will not send any lawyers to help the elders. The elders are terrified of being sued and will do nothing.

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Sassy)))

I am so sorry

The last we chatted I suggested your co-worker(jw friend) would be in line for harrassment!!! Your religious views or addressing them should never be brought up at work. It is no different that talking to you about your "race or culture", since it has nothing to do with being a good worker.

I am sure if her supervisor saw those emails she would call her on the "carpet" fast. Your so called "friend" can only speak with you at work about WORK. I would show the supervisor those emails and tell her how "threatened" you feel and she is affecting your job perfomance because of her threatening behavior. I WOULD NOT meet with this person anywhere at work to discuss anything but work. IMHO...

As for da'ing....it's a huge decision to make. I kinda like Cruzanheart's approach to this matter...but you have to decide what is BEST for you.

I sure wish I could spend some time with you....meanwhile...I am sending you many hugs....

CodeBlue

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Hi Sassy - why not call up the PO and say youve been having problems with teh religion because your amte at work keeps making passes at you hehe I'm only kidding:)

• freedom96
    freedom96

If I am reading right, it sounds like this co-worker is using office time and information to "get you."

I would think that this might have some serious legal challenges that neither work nor the co-worker would want to get involved with.

I would simply tell the co-worker that you want to remain friendly, but if she goes after you, then you will have no choice to take legal action against her and the company you both work for, being that it could be religious harrassment, and last time I heard, that was a big no-no.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit