Doodle-v's Awesomely Bad Movies-Part Deux

by doodle-v 94 Replies latest social entertainment

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Boris Karloff in his declined years

AlanF - I concur! Awesomely bad movie... but I think it was Bela Lugosi, not Boris Karloff.

CZAR

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Love Actually!

It was so bad I wanted to kill myself....There was some funny parts in it but it sucked so bad you couldn't see the funny moments.

Brooke

• IronGland
    IronGland
    AlanF - I concur! Awesomely bad movie... but I think it was Bela Lugosi, not Boris Karloff.

CZAR

Yes, it was Bela Lugosi. If you enjoyed Plan 9, you must see Glen or Glenda, also "directed" by Ed Wood. Plan 9 is Oscar worthy by comparison.

• Valis
    Valis

ANYTHING made by Hammer Films...

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Being John Malkovich, Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums are three of my all-time favorite movies. Long live Wes Anderson and Charlie Kaufman, two of the best screenwriters EVER!

As for suckage, Titanic, or as FOSHLL and I like to call it, The Jack and Rose Show.

Jack!!

Rose!!

Jack!!

Rose!!

ad nauseum, ad infinitum

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"Plan 9" was one of the worst stinkers, but "Manos: Hands of Fate" is so bad its virtually unwatchable....Buy your own copy here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AGWMF/002-8678616-4192009?v=glance

Here are some factoids by this migraine-inducing movie (courtesy of Amazon):

1. The film's title translates to Hands: The Hands Of Fate
    2. It was filmed entirely with a handheld camera that could only record thirty seconds of film at a time.
    3. The film was shot without sound; all the lines were later dubbed by only three people - two men and one woman.
    4. Harold P. Warren (writer/director/producer) is a fertilizer salesman from El Paso. He made a bet with a visiting location scout Stirling Silliphant that he could make a popular horror film on an extremely minimal budget.
    5. Three stars of the film committed suicide shortly after shooting was completed: John Reynolds (Torgo), Joyce Molleur (teenager in car), and Diane Mahree (Margaret).
    6. The film was shot in two and a half months with a budget of about $19,000.
    7. The movie was given a gala premiere in El Paso upon its release, and many of the local dignitaries were on hand. Part way into the film, many people in the audience began to heckle the movie. Many of the film's stars and crewmembers snuck out before the end out of embarrassment.
    8. The endless driving sequences at the beginning were supposed to have the opening credits over them, but were inexplicably left out.
    9. In lieu of a salary, Hal Warren sold shares to the cast and crew for their hard work and long hours.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Hated Lost in Translation - what is the big deal about this movie. I just didn't get it.

Alos the Blair Witch 2 . Where are the stars of that movie now.

Also I really liked the Village. Reminded me of the Borg.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Open Water- everyone left with a knot in their gut. All that struggle and survival only to die anyway?

Thumb Wars- spoof on Star Wars. "Luke, I'm your mother!" sooooo baaad.

Alexander- I didn't know AtG shaved his nuts, you learn something new everyday.And he had MILF mom!

u/d (of the critic of the critic class)

• IronGland
    IronGland
    Open Water- everyone left with a knot in their gut. All that struggle and survival only to die anyway?

That was the point. Real life doesn't always have a rescue or happy ending. If they HAD been rescued it would have been a bad movie.

• avishai
    avishai

First Knight

almost no relation to the arthurian mythos except the names. And the acting sucked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit