a friend in need

by OldSoul 604 Replies latest members private

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    Jehovah has always had representatives on the earth. Ask the person you study with .. she will provide evidence.

I did ask. But she could not prove that JWs are approved likewise as God's "representatives". I asked her husband as well, he didn't provide me with answers either. And they haven't offered to continue trying to answer that particular question since then.

If God has always had these representatives ... why did it take them so long to become known as Bible Students or Jehovah's Witnesses?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> If God has always had these representatives ... why did
    >> it take them so long to become known as Bible
    >> Students or Jehovah's Witnesses?

The Awake often carried articles about one Christian movement or another from the 14th century or the 16th century. They never come right out and say, "These were the annointed during this time!" but that's clearly the point.

The unanswerable question is, if God always has an organization on earth, where was it when Russell starting looking around in the Bible? He and his buddies started fresh on their own (or so legend has it), purposely avoiding being associated with any organization. If God had an organization on the earth at that time, they would have turned away from it.

This is such a glaring hole, I don't understand why they even teach that God has always had a representative group of people on the earth. Why is that so important?

(I said I'd be back on page 30, ah well, promises, promises...)

Dave

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Taking so long .. in your eyes .. not in Jehovah's eyes.

The organization was formed when it was to fulfill prophesy.

In 1914 Satan was ousted from heaven and cast down to the vicinity of the earth .. raging like a lion as he knows his time is short. Not long before 1914 the Bible Students were formed and recognized as Jehovah's earthy representatives.

Before 1914, before Christ took over as King of Jehovah's heavenly Kingdom, the gentile times were allowed to continue. As I said, there has always been representaives here on earth. If you cannot get an answer .. try harder. If in a week or so, if no one will give you an answer, I will by pm or email.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    If you cannot get an answer .. try harder. If in a week or so, if no one will give you an answer, I will by pm or email.

Hey, please copy me on that pm or email. I'd love to see that answer! (I'm not DF'd or DA'd, my official status in the congregation is 'inactive', so you are perfectly allowed to talk with me about scriptural things. Until it's announced, it didn't happen.)

Dave

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    Before 1914, before Christ took over as King of Jehovah's heavenly Kingdom, the gentile times were allowed to continue. As I said, there has always been representaives here on earth. If you cannot get an answer .. try harder. If in a week or so, if no one will give you an answer, I will by pm or email.

Ok that p!sses me off. "Try harder"?? All I have TRIED to do for almost 10 months is understand all of this. I have devoted WAY too much of my time to trying to understand this. Yet the more I read and study, the more questions I end up with!!! I have been at EVERY MEETING for 10 months, which is more than I can say for the majority of studies. I have studied and studied and studied in that time. I finished the Knowledge book. I started into the Worship book. Until recently I was studying with my conductor THREE times EVERY WEEK for FOUR HOURS each time - that equates to TWELVE HOURS of studying PLUS all of the meetings EVERY WEEK. And all that PLUS raising my TWO CHILDREN. Like I said ... that's far more than most studies give in "trying" - most studies don't go to meetings and only study for ONE D@MN HOUR per week MAYBE.

And you want me to TRY HARDER??? .... and THEN I MIGHT be "worthy" of your help????

BITE ME!

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit

Everyone else:

ARGH this whole thing FRUSTRATES ME!!!

I have devoted countless hours over the last 10 months to studying and meetings. 12 freakin hours a week studying PLUS all of the meetings!!! And because it STILL doesn't all make sense, and it STILL doesn't sit right with me - that somehow means I'm not trying hard enough?????

ARGH!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    And you want me to TRY HARDER??? .... and THEN I MIGHT be "worthy" of your help????

BITE ME!

LOL! Rebellious - I am not laughing at you, but girl...I love your spirit! You are exactly the type of study that every Elderette and Elder fears. You THINK. And it scares the crap out of them because they don't know what to do with a THINKING WOMAN. LOL

Keep your chin up and listen to your gut. It's saying exactly what you need to hear, but you have so much "noise" around you, it's hard to pay attention. I've always thought that God speaks to me through my gut. My gut speaks to me when my heart and my head are finally lined up...kinda like the stars. LOL Our good Father gave us that instinct for a reason - you just have to be "still" enough to hear. Psalms 46:10

• RescueMe
    RescueMe
    THEN I MIGHT be "worthy" of your help????

From all that I have seen, the only way you will be "worthy" is if you stop asking questions, stop trying to actually *understand* anything, push aside all logic, and just accept whatever you are told, no matter how wrong it may be. Naturally this is just my own opinion based on the research I have done.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

RS .. when I said 'try harder' I meant ask someone else. If you don't get an answer from 'a' ask 'b'. Never did I imply that you don't try hard enough .. It would be better for you to get an answer face to face with someone. If you convey this attitude with others, it kind of lets me know why you don't get answers.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**No, I do not tell you or anyone else .. do this or that or you are dead in God's eyes.

Afin,

Funny how this IS the general concensus when one leaves the WTS. I *wonder* where the idea came from?

**Only Jehovah can read hearts.

I heartily agree!

**Wouldn't you think He would remember the one who truely tries to do His will?

Yes, I've often thought that! Having said that----then WHY is it mandatory that a JW must follow the rules, regs and ever-changing doctrines of the WTS? IF we are personally accountable for "judgment" at a due time...then why all the "urgency" of becoming a JW "before it's too late"? It doesn't seem as if GOD is the one who is stating this---the WTS is!

**Jehovah has always had representatives on the earth. Ask the person you study with .. she will provide evidence.

Of course---YOU can't do that, here and now. Hmmmmmm?

**And sure enough there it was ... he couldn't just instruct us to rely on Jehovah, trust in Jehovah, love Jehovah, ... he HAD to throw in at the end, "AND HIS SPIRIT DIRECTED ORGANIZATION".

Once again, *I* would love to see "evidence" and "proof" that the WTS *is* spirit-directed, other than the WTS itself making this claim. Important claims need important proof. I have yet to see it.

Annie........who is not from Missouri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit