a friend in need

by OldSoul 604 Replies latest members private

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

AFIN thanks for showing so much by yourself ... !!! Really

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*peeks in. sees a couple intelligent well thought of people having a productive conversation, and one monkey throwing a lot of poo*

Hmmm... Y'all be careful now, ya hear?

Jeannie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    dof .. I just read your post on page 15. By drawing attention to it shows your true lack of intelligence. If I wrote something so inane, I'd hope it slipped away without notice.

Forgive me, but I read someone who was touched, and then outraged much as Jesus felt towards those 'skinned and thrown about'. Those that should have taken care did not, knowing full well what they were doing.

Your reaction to anyone pointing this fact out is reminiscent of the Jews' reaction to the early Christians in the first century: anger, obfuscation, denial and the total unwillingness to answer legitmate, honest questions.

If, for the sake of discussion, Jehovah's Witnesses are the one and only channel of God then this God is not the one spoken of in the Bible. The god of Jehovah's Witnesses is a vindictive, bean counting, petty and cruel god, and frankly one not worthy of a bucket of warm spit.

The God I was taught about is kind, patient, endearing and most of all, loving. It would show a great deal of love to recognize another's pain, and then do what is necessary in order to begin to relieve such pain. Answers go a long way toward such relief.

The Bible, and really all spirituality, is about belief and faith in the beliefs we choose. We are in fact, the sum total of our beliefs, and those beliefs help define who we are. In a time when so many are begging for answers it is noteworthy that you refuse to even attempt to provide such answers, and in fact even go so far as mentioning that ex-Jehovah's Witnesses are not worthy of answers. I find this sad, as I remember a time when to defend JW theology, Biblically and with reason, was a point of pride and something to be commended for.

It would seem then that I have made the correct choice, and my path lies elsewhere. This thread, more than any other, is the penultimate example of why I no longer want anything to do with this sect.

Chris

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Chris .. the heart going out to you and the Big Hugs to you seems to have worked for dof. (as per page 15 post by dof). You surely do seem to be touched. Try looking past that those parts and tell me where it would be a poor lost creature looking for words of wisdom. dof's tone was bilious and crude, and that is putting it politely.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    You surely do seem to be touched

Well if you believe my father, I'm touched in the head.

Try looking past that those parts and tell me where it would be a poor lost creature looking for words of wisdom

Honestly? Okay, no BS I promise.

2 years ago, my father in law committed suicide. My son (now 8) has not been made aware of the circumstances of Bill's death. However, he felt angry about his grandfather's death. That anger came out in interesting ways and odd moments. My job, as his father (I believe), was to recognize not only the cause of his anger, but then how to channel him so that he could heal and in that way the setback he suffered would not scar him. It's been fits and starts, but he's made tremendous progress, one being our upcoming trip to England (to visit Englishman's BBQ among other things) as my son used to have terrible fear of being around crowds.

My point? Well if we are to accept the belief that God is our heavenly Father it is reasonable to believe he would also have the capability of looking past certain behaviors, discern their cause, and then set about to help. Forgive me, but let me share one of my beliefs. I choose to believe in a God that has the capability of feeling the same spectrum of emotions that we have. Jesus is spoken of as expressing rage

(" So, after making a whip of ropes, he drove all those with the sheep and cattle out of the temple, and he poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. And he said to those selling the doves: ?Take these things away from here! Stop making the house of my Father a house of merchandise!?)

as well as cold, justified and settled anger

(" It would be of more advantage to him if a millstone were suspended from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones" )

Where I'm going with this, is the need to determine the cause of behavior. A victim of abuse, whether that abuse is physical, sexual or spiritual, will feel angry. It is a fact. This is how God made us. It is also a fact of humanity that we feel angry when seeing an injustice or abuse inflicted on someone else. Having said that, and if we believe we are made in God's image, it is therefore then reasonable to believe that God has the capability of feeling the same way.

When I read this post on page 15, I was touched that she felt genuine human empathy toward a child who did not deserve being hurt. I also saw frustration at the evasiveness offered to legitimate questions.

What I see in this thread, are people asking tough questions of an organization that claims to have all the answers. Most people on this board have experiences that have proved to them this organization has lied to them; that they do not have any answers. This naturally engenders anger. Again, it is how we are made. It appears to me that you are not in a position, for whatever reason, to attempt to answer some very tough questions. If that is the case, it would be kinder (to you as well as to others) to walk away from the situation rather than poke and jab.

The sister I studied with 34 years ago (back before color was invented) said something that has always stuck with me: "No one knows anything. We do our best and trust in a kind and loving God to do right by us." So I think of that whenever I'm faced with the prospect of facing God at Armageddon. It simplies the whole question of who has The Truth and kind of eliminates the need for endless arguments.

Hope this helps. If not, remember I'm touched in the head.

Chris

• Daughter of Freedom
    Daughter of Freedom
    To further show your ignorance .. you quote in big red letters what I've been saying (too many times to recall) .. go to the official website .. www.watchtower.org or talk to an elder.

Mmmm. Go get your spec's. What I said is that YOU do NOT speak on behalf of the Jw's. I did NOT pack anyone off to the ofiicial site, because as is shown by various posts, the official site is crap.

Thank you for directing personal comments at me in a bid to move away from the fact that the WT is denying your authority to speak here.

If emotion by way of 'big hugs' annoys you to the point of insulting me then:-

((((super big hugs to Big Tex))))

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Chris .. You give 'touching' answers indeed. The sister you studied with 34 years ago would not give you the same answers today .. and you know why. (If she is still alive) she in good conscience could not even give you the time of day. As an apostate now, you are considered unworthy to her and you always will be if your beliefs stay as they are. (an apostate being one who knows the truth but speaks against it).

You righty showed that Jesus can express rage .. do you not feel you might be the object of that rage by turning people away from the truth? If you at one time embraced the beliefs of the society, you know that I am not attacking you .. just would like you to focus on what shaped the person you are today. We are the result of our up bringing to a large degree. You suffered needlessly .. that isn't who you are today .. a two year old without someone protecting you. At some point in your young life, things had to turn around to make you become the person you are.

The person you are today is responsible for your stand before Jehovah and that of your young family. You say that 'to do our best and trust in a kind and loving God to do right by us' .. this is true but only if we put full faith in Him. You can't speak against God and still expect His protection.

Endless arguments, as you say, are not necessary. It is such a shame to see someone like yourself go by the wayside. Wake up .. while there is still time!!!!!!

With 'touching' concern .. a friend ..

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    she in good conscience could not even give you the time of day

A' Trolling ,a'trolling, a'trolling we go!

Steve.

• Daughter of Freedom
    Daughter of Freedom
    As an apostate now, you are considered unworthy to her and you always will be

Chris. You are VERY worthy of God's love and the words written in the bible. You are NOT worthy of such a personal attack.

It is unfortunate that anyone would act in a completely opposite way to Jesus and then try to make others look bad.

an apostate being one who knows the truth but speaks against it
    It is also a shame that we can't all agree on the 'truth', but certain individuals think their opinion is so above everyone elses they can hurl abuse to directly hurt someone elses feelings (alien word to some).
  • jgnat
    jgnat

AFIN

(an apostate being one who knows the truth but speaks against it)

Where did you get this definition? It is not standard.

Jesus' disciples were charged to speak about (witness) what they had seen and heard. Big Tex gave a good witness of the truth in his life. A personal testimony is strong and unassailable, as nobody else can dismiss it. Yet the Jehovah's Witnesses do not consider him "worthy" to talk to?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit