a friend in need

by OldSoul 604 Replies latest members private

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    I think of the haughty, arrogant and judgemental JWs as bypassing Moses' seat and climbing directly into Jesus seat

Agreed, sunspot. But I was hoping afin knew that the Greater Moses is Jesus ... according to her own doctrinal standards.

• RescueMe
    RescueMe

Afriendinneed stated that to get the answers you only needed to go the the watchtower site correct? I just want to ensure I have that correct before I go further.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Rescue Me : Afriendinneed stated that to get the answers you only needed to go the the watchtower site correct? I just want to ensure I have that correct before I go further.
    Good one !!!
  • RescueMe
    RescueMe
    (1) the Faithful and Discreet Slave is a class of people, (2) that the holy spirit directs organizations in addition to individuals, (3) that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is responsible for revealing "new light" (as opposed to "food at the proper time") to anyone, and finally (4) that Jehovah deals with individual other sheep differently than the little flock.

Afriendinneed responds with:

I think I made the point that you can go to www.watchtower.org for your answers.

So my question is:

Is the watchtower and/or their website considered a substitute for scripture?

I went to the site as requested and since I couldn't find anything directly, I placed each of Old Soul's queries into the search available at the site and this is what I got:

1) the Faithful and Discreet Slave is a class of people

Search Results Error

So when I limited the search to "Faithful & Discreet Slave" only, the only one result was returned:

Search Results

Your search for Faithful and Discreet Slave returned 1 results.
    1 shown below.

Comfort for Those With a "Stricken Spirit" - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site
    Some have no thought of having been molested until, unexpectedly, they experience flashbacks and 'memories' of an adult (or adults) abusing them when they were young.

Search for documents containing:

Brief Listing Expanded Listing

This one response had nothing to do with answering the question, it simply used the terminolgy in an article,so there was no answer to that question on the site.

2) that the holy spirit directs organizations in addition to individuals

Search Results Error

Our system was unable to find matching articles to your query. You may try using more specific words or word stems to refine your search criteria. Once you have made the necessary correction(s), click Find. Additional help can be obtained by reading the "search tips."

Again no answers

3)the Faithful and Discreet Slave is responsible for revealing "new light" (as opposed to "food at the proper time") to anyone,

Search Results Error

Hmmm, am I beginning to see a pattern here?

4) Jehovah deals with individual other sheep differently than the little flock

Search Results Error

Yes, yes I am seeing a pattern.

So it would seem that going to the watchtower site doesn't give the answers to the questions.

I did find this though:
    A person should make sure that his beliefs can be supported by the Scriptures, for there is only one true faith.

So can Old Soul's queries be supported by scripture or not? If yes, could you, Afriendinneed (or anyone else) please provide them and if not, then why not? The site states to make sure that your beliefs can be supported by scriptures, so if there are beliefs that cannot be supported by scripture doesn't that make it a false belief?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Thank you, RescueMe. That was very interesting. For the record, are you now or have you ever been one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

• RescueMe
    RescueMe
    are you now or have you ever been one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

No I am not, nor have I ever been.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Thank you, again, RescueMe. Would you be open to seeing the Scriptures that prove these answers or do you consider yourself swine before whom casting Scriptures would be similar to casting pearls?

• RescueMe
    RescueMe

I am always open to the truth. No matter what it is.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ... back to following it might becoming really interesting now as we might go furter ! thanks

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

There you are a f i n, RescueMe is neither an apostate nor averse to learning the Scriptural proofs of the answers I gave. There is no reason to withhold those Scriptures from RescueMe, whether by PM or by posting them here for anyone else who might be in the same mindset as RescueMe.

Now, we simply wait, I suppose. However, I would highly recommend continuing to breathe in the meantime.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit