Finish This Sentence....You Know you're a JW teenager If....

by doodle-v 149 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    oh please!!! it was HELL being a jw po's child

I bet, yikes!!

-Doodle-V

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

you know our a jw teen if .. your mom would sing kingdom songs at the top of her lungs to wake you out of your drunken stupor on sunday mornings and make you go to the meeting with a hangover.

( i love my mom, she used to do this to my older brother who would go on " canoeing" trips in tennesee with the elders sons on fridays and saturdays to drink , they'd all be at the meetings on sunday morning but they werent happy lol)

• tata
    tata

Yes minimus I forgot that:

he's marriage material
  • Valis
    Valis

When you pale at the thought of going out in the territory also known as your hood..

• Englishman
    Englishman

You can stand the bedsheets up against the wall...

Englishman.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

...if your mother finally gives in and lets you go to a 1950's-themed school dance but punishes you by making you wear a homemade felt skirt decorated with the "fruits" of the holy spirit.

• happy camper
    happy camper

you have a paper to do for school and you do your research from bound volumes

• unique1
    unique1

Wow thanks for the laughs guys. You took most of the good ones.

How about, and I hear you can't take candy to school anymore, but you are the only person on the bus November 1st with no candy. :-(

You don't remember any of the Saturday morning cartoons your friends reminesce about nowadays.

You weren't allowed to wear anything or have anything bearing your favorite team's logo or name because it was considered idol worship.

GO CAROLINA!! I have several things with their logo now. HOORAY!! Oh and I have a Marylin Monroe purse. I have so many "Idols" now. :-)

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

.....You've ever faked being sick on a SATURDAY just to avoid going out in service.

• glitter
    glitter

...you're never quite sure if it's OK to have posters of TV/movie stars or singers up on your wall or if it's "idolatry".

...you don't even get invited to birthday parties anymore as your friends all *know* you can't go.

...you still wear cotton knee-socks.

...you've never wore a pair of name-brand trainers (sneakers) because you only "need" school/meeting shoes.

...you don't got into R.E. but instead of *messing about* in the library for a double lesson, out come your Bible, bookstudy book, Watchtower and Young People Ask.

...your bag gets inspected when you come home from school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit